“Rivals top restaurants in Sydney!”
Review of Cross Restaurant - CLOSED

Cross Restaurant
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Masima Restaurant is located at Radisson Blu Resort Fiji at the beachfront. Open from 6pm, bookings essential. It is an adults only restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating.
Sydney, Australia
“Rivals top restaurants in Sydney!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We had a truly wonderful dining experience at Radisson's CROSS restaurant.

We were staying at the Hilton at the other end of the island, and after reading about the restaurant in the Denarau magazine in our room, we decided to call the hotel and book it.

After mentioning it was our anniversary during booking, we walked in to find our table was the prime position right near the water!

The service was exceptional and the staff were friendly and kind. The little extra's such as the palate cleanser between courses took this from being a normal restaurant to an outstanding one.

The food was amazing. My partner has even said it is his new favourite meal - BIG CALL! I can understand the review that mentioned the fat on the pork strips, however they were definitely tasty and I usually cut every bit of fat off! I also agree with the other reviewer that mentioned the dress code. For such a fancy lovely restaurant, especially being adults only, I think a dress code would ensure that its high quality is maintained.

My one suggestion to the hotel/restaurant would be to ensure that the music from this restaurant and the one next door are matching! As we were sitting outside we could hear both very clearly and it affected the ambiance of the setting.

Other than that everything was perfect, and we can't wait to go back next time we are in Fiji!!

• Visited September 2012

Sydney, Australia
“Signature restaurant at Radisson Blu”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Very nice meal and pleasant service, however, after ordering a select glass of wine and then a second glass only to be told there wasn't any of my preferred wine left, I would like to have been told prior to my first glass that it was the last available. I prefer not to change wines while dining

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Cattai
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed At Cross”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We carefully read the reviews for this restaurant and then went ahead and booked by email. The staff were lovely however the meals were not at all the standard we were expecting. 2 of our party ordered the pork strips in sweet and sour sauce-this arrived and was not at all as described. The pork was coils of fat and gristle-one of our party could not eat hers at all,the other managed to get meat off one "strip" only. I ordered the lamb shank-also tough. How do you get a tough lamb shank when slow cooked? Very little was edible-thank goodness for the mash.
We had ordered 2 sides of vegetables-over priced for quantity served especiallywhen compared with our generous serving at Port of Call a couple of nights later. We were so disappointed we didnt stay for dessert. We also felt the room lacked ambience and that the lack of any dress code also let it down. The gentleman at the table next door in his stubbies, jandals and Jack daniels T shirt apparently didnt equate fine dining with dressing for dinner.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Laura M
Sydney, Australia
“Everyone should eat here”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This was such a wonderful place to eat. The service was fabulous, the setting over the water is beautiful and the food was really really excellent and definately exceeded my expectations. Save room for the bombe alaska for dessert - it was soooooo good we had to go twice! Enjoy

• Visited May 2012
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Delicious”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Dined here on two occasions. On both occasions I ordered the scallops for entree, steak for main and the wife ordered the maple chicken. On both occasions our meals were fantastic. Staff were great and couldn't do enough for you. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.