“Adults only...Good food”

Cross Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Masima Restaurant is located at Radisson Blu Resort Fiji at the beachfront. Open from 6pm, bookings essential. It is an adults only restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating.
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed at the Radisson and found out that our kids could go to kids club for free for the evening if we ate at Cross. ($35.00 per kid...no charge) So, we went. It was very good. I would not call it "excellent"...but, it was high on the scale for restaurant food in Fiji. It was the second best meal we had while there. Service was good and while we were eating the kids club ran by and they all yelled hello to us! It was nice to see the kids having fun while we enjoyed our meal. The Radisson was excellent overall. Will stay there again for sure. Will I eat at Cross again? Most likely. Give it a try, especially if you have kids with you.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

everything in this restaurant is just amazing, food, service, atmostphere just amaing... real top restaurant experience

Reviewed June 7, 2012

It was with much anticipation that we made our return visit to Cross. We booked yesterday and looked forward to what we thought was going to be a terrific evening of fine food and excellent service. Well...
Tthe reservation I made yesterday was written on the wrong page, so we didnt actually have a table. We were asked if we wanted to wait at the bar and were ushered outside into the midst of the frantic and hot family oriented buffet. There were no seats at the bar so we merely stood and waited for 10 or so minutes for the table to become available. Not really too much of a problem.
Taken to our table we ordered drinks, I ordered water and a glass of Oyster Bay Sauv Blanc. Hubby ordered a Fiji Gold. The water didnt appear, the wine was nice, crisp and cold as expected. The beer warm.
Next up. A dirty big rat the size of a small domestic house cat patrolling the roof beams. We suspect he or she as the case may well be has set up home above the aircondidtioning unit. The sight of it was nearly enough to put us off completely and go elsewhere. But no, we stayed.
I ordered the Prawn and Smoked salmon martini for entree, Hubby the tapas plate. Both looked like they belonged in an art gallery with the structural wafers as garnish, but were sadly only average in flavour, although my prawns were deliciously fresh and sweet.
Next up I had the local fish in red curry and hubby had King Salmon which he loved. My local fish - Snapper was good, although possibly a bad choice for me, a non mushroom eater, as it was surrounded by shitake.
Dessert. I have bragged about the Bombe Alsaska here for the last twelve months and so was looking forward to experiencing it again. Unfortunately the meringue was grainy, the icecream flavourless. Hubby ordered the Creme Brulee, which he sent back due to it having the consistency of scrambled eggs.
The service was fair, the girls very nice and typically Fijiian in their hospitality but we sat with empty wine glasses and water was not offered until it was requested. I would hesitate to return and it is with regret that this review is written in a negative light.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

The food here was OK...considering it has won so many awards, I was expecting more. Don't get me wrong, if it had not made so much of the awards I would have been satisfied, but I really expected to be blown away, but wasn't. The presentation was a bit dated, and looked like 90s food. Flavours and portion sizes were good, but just nothing spectacular.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Took my mum here for mothers day last week as was staying at radisson a few nights. Went as read some great reviews on here but was utterly disappointed!! The food was very nice had beef which was so beautiful however big let down with service. There was only the two of us that traveled however they had down there would be four of us dining when arrived at restraunt. When we got there and we were asked if there was four we told them no though was still seated at the table for four then given our drinks the. Five minutes later we were asked to move to a smaller table which was quite annoying considering it was half empty at 8 pm the restraunt, this annoyed me but I left it. The staff seemed very disinterred in here even though the food was nice I would rather spend my money elsewhere! Not even a hello or good bye! I really am disappointed with the restraiunts at radix on besides water court which was excellent. I felt like when at Cross I was imposing in eating dinner! Lift your game radisson or people will start staying elsewhere sorry to be blunt but a few people also staying there whilst we were there were also saying the same things .