“Mr&MrsFilamos:-) Sydney”
Review of Flying Fish

Flying Fish
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Flying Fish Fijis’ intimate beach front ambience and poolside setting features a menu designed by Peter Kuruvita focusing on fresh, local produce and sumptuous seafood. Our delicious must-try crabs, lobsters and fresh fish are supplied by our local fisherman. Watch the sun set while laying back on the bar daybeds during Golden Hour or let us deliver to you by the pool or beach. With mouth watering delights, attentive service and a carefully crafted wine list, Flying Fish is the perfect setting for any occasion
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Everything was perfect! Best food ever! Staff could not have been more friendly or attentive, we were seated in our own little area just away from the main restaurant & the FOH staff came and sang happy birthday for me and a beautiful anniversary song for my hubby & I. A memory I will treasure forever

1  Thank Tamo62
Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We splashed out on our last night and dined al fresco at Flying Fish in the middle of a storm. We were not disappointed. The food and service was excellent and we finally found a wine list that offered a good selection of wine by the glass.

It's not cheap here, but it's worth the money for the unique experience and lovely staff. The chef even obliged by serving my husband a whole bowl full of delicious kokoda as an entree, rather than him having to settle for just a taste on the seafood tapas.

1  Thank jakenz
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Peter Kuruvita's distinct style and wonderful menu, together with an idyllic setting made this a lovely dining experience.

Flying Fish isn't as pretentious as Ports O' Call but probably has the better food and atmosphere. The dark wood floor and beams and subdued lighting make a lovely relaxed atmosphere overlooking the lagoon pool.

The meals were uncomplicated and brimming with fresh ingredients and really packed great flavours. Try the pumpkin curry which I thought is the dish of the menu. The Mahi mahi curry was also tasty and we all had a wonderful meal.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Really enjoyed our meal. Table right on the sand. Great ambience. Fab food and very friendly attentive service. Surprising policy of 'no cash accepted'. They did tell me when I booked - but I forgot and brought no credit card. I offered to wash the dishes but they made an exception and took my cash.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

The team at Flying Fish Fiji could not have done a better job for our recent celebration. The menu I requested was provided and the quality was superb. The restaurant and bar staff were very attentive and thoughtful. Nothing was too hard. The setting for ten people on the beach was amazing. I would not hesitate in recommending Flying Fish Fiji.

1  Thank Terry S