“really good food”
Review of Flying Fish

Flying Fish
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Flying Fish Fijis’ intimate beach front ambience and poolside setting features a menu designed by Peter Kuruvita focusing on fresh, local produce and sumptuous seafood. Our delicious must-try crabs, lobsters and fresh fish are supplied by our local fisherman. Watch the sun set while laying back on the bar daybeds during Golden Hour or let us deliver to you by the pool or beach. With mouth watering delights, attentive service and a carefully crafted wine list, Flying Fish is the perfect setting for any occasion
Reviewed December 15, 2013

hotel restaurant with really good food. You sit in a nice atmosphere next to the ocean. Food and drinks are very good. E+Service was nice, but quite slow in reacting on our requests.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,233)

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My friends and I dined at this restaurant and were very disappointed. We found the food under seasoned and very bland tasting. Nothing about the food was exciting and matched our expectations with the prices that were being charged. Service was poor. The wait staff were so unattentive that we had to call out more than 3 times to get their attention for the bill.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Wow. What an experience. I was staying at The Hilton with a group of work colleagues, and we decided to book in here for our last night. As we entered the restaurant, just off the beach, we were speechless. Attentive staff, sand floors, palm trees just outside the open plan restaurant...spectacular. The sangria was fresh and never let to run down, and the food...it almost seemed a shame to eat it as it was so beautifully presented! I had the chicken, and it was delicious! After the food, we sat on the beach, under the palms, watching the stars in the clear sky listening to the sea. It felt like an absolute dream. Couldn't recommend this place highly enough...just take bug spray, as my feet were enjoyed by sandflies! :D SO WORTH IT!!! :D

Reviewed November 30, 2013

My partner and I enjoyed the amazing 5 course degustation and couldn't fault it at all. The flavours were delicious, dishes were well presented and we definitely left feeling completely satisfied.

Situated on the beachfront surrounded by the beautifully lit cascading pool, the setting was very relaxing and romantic. Service was very attentive as well.

We also had lunch here a different day and we had a Chicken Caesar Salad and the Thai Salad. Both were fairly large servings and very tasty.

While we didn't have a burger from here, we did catch a glimpse of someone else's and it was MASSIVE!

Overall we'd have no hesitation returning to this restaurant.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Firstly let me say that we visited during the school holiday period in eastern Australia, there was my first mistake. Lots of kids running amok and too many parents appearing to take the view that it wasn't their problem.

The restaurant is set in a potentially stunning location, between the pools and the sandy beach with one whole section of tables set onto the sand. I say potentially, because the area is also completely exposed to those same pools and beach area which quite rightly were being used by people not interested in the fact that we were trying to enjoy what is alleged to be a fine dining experience.

The seafood was fresh and well presented but the wine list missed the mark for me. Given that Fiji tourism is obviously targeted and Aussie & Kiwi markets there seemed to be lip service played to the finest white wines from both countries to complement the menu.

The service was by Fijian standards, average and the prices, both wine but more so food were simply not value for money. I have read other reviews here that suggest the prices are a bargain compared to Sydney and that the seafood is world class. I would simply suggest that within Australia at least, there are better experiences for far less money - no matter what the F$ to A$ conversion!