“The seafood tapas!!!”
Review of Flying Fish

Flying Fish
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Flying Fish Fijis’ intimate beach front ambience and poolside setting features a menu designed by Peter Kuruvita focusing on fresh, local produce and sumptuous seafood. Our delicious must-try crabs, lobsters and fresh fish are supplied by our local fisherman. Watch the sun set while laying back on the bar daybeds during Golden Hour or let us deliver to you by the pool or beach. With mouth watering delights, attentive service and a carefully crafted wine list, Flying Fish is the perfect setting for any occasion
Sydney
“The seafood tapas!!!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

If you order anything from the menu, make sure it's the seafood tapas for entree! It was one of the better entrees my friends and I have ever had, and had we been able to we would have gone back to Flying Fish for it again!
The restaurant is set next to the pool on the ocean front. The evening breeze is beautiful, particularly after a long hot day. Service was very good and my other courses were fantastic too.

• Visited October 2012

“Lovely location and great seafood”
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed our dinner here, even with two small kids having just arrived from Australia! Kids ate everything on their plates (so it must have been good). The Mahimahi curry was definitely the pick of the main courses. Not as good as the original Flying Fish in Sydney (unfortunately Peter Kuravita's signature Sri Lankan prawn curry not on the menu here) but still a lovely meal. So good it was the only restaurant in Denarau that we went to twice!

“Bungling service and noisy children spoilt the 5 star, romantic dining experience we were hoping for...”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I'd been looking forward to dining here on our final night in Fiji. My heart sank a little when we arrived and our booking could not be found on the computer. Nevertheless, we were seated at the entrance to the restaurant, where I was happy even though it was clear this is where they sat walk ins. However, no sooner had we sat down than our booking was found and we were asked to follow the waitress down to the tables on the sand. We were seated in the front row of the beach tables - clearly what are 'the best tables.' I preferred where we were first seated and now wish I'd asked to go back to the first table. The tables on the sand are in a dark area and are on a lean - the seats up near the entrance have more romantic lighting. At the sand we could hear the waves, but as it was night there wasn't a lot to see and a plastic wind shield was down. What spoilt the night most for me were the many tables surrounding us with small children seated on them. Children are noisy, whinge and can't sit still long - not suited to fine restaurants. The two boys on the table closest to us were set up to watch a cartoon film on a laptop at the table, so we might as well have been seated at McDonalds or at home in front of the tv! I was not impressed. So many families come on holiday to Fiji as do couples. Is it so difficult to think of sectioning off parts of the restaurant for the different groups?

Now to the meal. It took ages to have our order taken. We started with fruity mocktails which were so watery that I couldn't taste any guava, banana, coconut or strawberry.
My husband ordered the pumpkin curry - he loved it. I tasted it - it was a sweet curry with no heat, but subtle spices and tasted rather like a sweet pumpkin pie to me. The roti was sweet and pudding like. I ate the Mahimahi curry. It was seved with the actually curry sauce in a saucer on the side along with chutneys. Fun to pour your own sauce, but the fish was dry and not as flavoursome as it would have been if cooked in the curry sauce.
Desserts were okay - the new trend in scattered pieces of deconstructed cake strewn across the plate is a bit tiresome already, so give me a proper lump of pudding or piece of cake instead please!

Attention to detail just wasn't in the service. We weren't drinking any wine or alcohol, but the wine glasses remained on the tables the whole night as did used dishes and bread and butter plates. Also, the dinner plates had curved sides so you couldn't rest your cutlery, especially as the table was on a lean, without them sliding off.

Overall it was an okay meal, but could have been better if a more thoughtful manager stepped in to raise standards of service and separate family seating from couples.

Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent dinner”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Nice ambience, great service and very delicious food, awesome presentation and plenty of food options, affordable wines, will go again.

• Visited October 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
“Satisfying Lunch”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Great dumplings! The kids all liked their meals (quite a rare event for our family), and the staff were great. Very high quality food, highly recommended.

Visited October 2012