“"Smooth "”

Seaspray Day Adventure
Ranked #6 of 22 Tours in Denarau Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: South Sea Cruises is Fiji’s largest and most experienced marine tourism operator with an extensive island resort connection service, an exciting variety of full and half day cruises and a range of accommodation packages in Fiji, Mamanuca and the Yasawa Island groups.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

We used south sea cruises to get to and from mana island. We found the trip quite smooth especially on trip back to denaru. It was so rough but the boat seemed to cut through the waves. None of us got sick which was great. Boat was comfortable

Write a ReviewReviews (1,073)

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The staff were fantastic. The food was average. The islands we visited were interesting and spectacular. The highlight for me was the crew sang to all the passengers after our visit to the village all the way back to Mana.

I would not recommend this for small children. There is a lot of sailing. I took three kwells and still felt a bit off. But that is me and I don't travel well. I still really enjoyed my day.

There was plenty of food and drinks (sparkly wine, beer, wine, soft drinks and water).
The toilets weren't great but hey I was on a sailing ship.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely day out at South Sea island recently. The cat was fast and comfortable. The island small but hospitable and had enough to keep you occupied all day. The reef not great right off shore as everyone walks all over it, but the snorkelling safari further off the island was better. The provided lunch was yummy and plentiful. All you can drink limited by what they stock in the fridge (ran out of coke!).

My only gripes would be a) Do you really need to serve alcohol at 9am on board? Our trip out to the island somewhat spoiled by bogan's drinking and spilling their beer over everyone nearby and b) communication re boarding vessels was poor on both outward and inward with us first being told to board a particular vessel at Denarau, then being stopped at the pier and being told our vessel wasn't ready despite seeing people clearly boarding. Then being frantically rounded up to board the original vessel. Similar story on the way back - our tickets stated a 530pm departure from south sea is. So being rounded up at 450 and being told we HAD to board the 5pm boat or miss out on getting back had me less than impressed. As the day staff all boarded this vessel I can only assume that they wanted to get rid of us early. I stood my ground though and refused to get aboard a very crowded 5pm boat.

1  Thank badd0g
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Spending my birthday Island hopping and lunching on South Sea Island was splendidly delightful...I actually forgot it was my birthday until we were almost back at Denarau, I was that preoccupied. The submerged boat definitely could do with an upgrade, but other than that, brilliance!

1  Thank Eliciabrite
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We went on the seaspray with our 2 girls 10 and 12 from mana and it was one of the best things we did on our holiday. The weather was perfect as we headed off for modriki island passing many other islands on the way where they filmed casterway. The crew launched into song which was great. Everything was included BBQ lunch and drinks, alcoholic and non alcoholic. At modriki we snorkeled for an hour or so in some of the most spectacular water and scenery I have seen. Fish everywhere. While we snorkeled the BBQ was cooked just as we got back on board. Off to a village. This gave us an incite into how they live and was very eye opening especially for the kids. We then bought some gifts. Then back to boat. It was so hot that we were allowed to swim off the boat and my kids couldn't believe that they were swimming in 25 metre deep water. The trip back to mana was great. The beer and champagne flowed, the singing was funny and fantastic. Overall a fantastic day had by all.