“Disappointing!”

Restaurant Pasion por el Fogon
Ranked #7 of 101 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Restaurant specialized in seafood, steak, vegeterian Have kids menu wine list Considered the best seafood restaurant of all Puerto Rico Open Monday, Wenesday, Thursday, Friday - 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm Saturday - 2:00 pm to 11:00 pm Sunday -12:00 pm to 10:00 pm CLOSED TUESDAY, EXCEPT HOLIDAY
Columbia, MD
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

After reading about this restaurant's certification by Mesones Gastonomicos, I had high expectations for our wedding anniversary dinner.
Waitress tried to sell us the most expensive dishes but did not seem like she really wanted to help us. Atmposphere was upscale but service and food were disappointing. Food service was slow (crab bisque must have been left out between being served and being delivered because it came out with a skin on the top). My wife had half finished this soup before my cevice arrived ("the kitchen had run out of cevice"), That worried me because cevice needs time to "cook". Flavors of cevice were delightful and delicate. Mofongo was OK but not special. I concluded that Pasion relies on one-time customers from the El Conquistador Resort. Unless the appearance of a restaurant is really important to you, go down the road to Luquillo for better food with better service for way less money at Pasta y Pueblo or Vejigante. P.S. I reserved a table at Pasion on-line 2 hours before I arrived, but the restaurant was not aware of the reservation. I called twice on the way asking for directions and was passed to an English-speaker, who I could not understand. Perhaps that was my fault, because PR is a Spanish-speaking commonwealth after all.

• Visited March 2013

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Not for a big family.”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went yesterday with my family (12 people) and since the begining the waitress at front was on a negative mood. She told us repeatly that they don't have table available since the restaurant was empty with only 2 or 3 patrons and all the the table reserve. The waitress also ask the owner and she also refuse to serve us since, supposely it was all reserve. In the future I plan no to visit again that unprofessional restaurant.

Myrta P, Owner at Restaurant Pasion por el Fogon, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
This review is not fair . I'll never understand why people untrue. First, it was not a group of 12 but a group of 16 people without reservations. One Saturday night, with a Boat Show and the PGA Tour celebrated that weekend. Any conscious person knows that for large group you need to make reservations. We tried very hard to accommodate them. But it was impossible, because we have to honor all our reservations. Thanks God, our restaurant always is full, for that reason you have to make reservations. Most of this people have been in the restaurant before, they are locals and they know that we are one of the most popular restaurant in all Puerto Rico.
La Canada Flintridge, California
“Delicious, wonderful food in Fajardo”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

A nice upscale restaurant with delicious food and professional attentive service. We were a large group, restaurant handled the whole process from reservation to dessert flawlessly. Tried some foods I had never tried - the skirt steak mofongo was outstanding! Some members of our group were hesistant to leave the resort for dinner - this place is so worth venturing out for!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank kgustovich
Maryland
“A must if visiting the area!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Pasion por el Fogon transitioned from a humble operation to a fine restaurant while maintaining top standards for quality PR food, welcoming service, and a range of wonderful choices. This was a welcome treat for all in our group. DO make reservations!!!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Springtraveler06
New England
“Fantastic Restaurant!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We dined at Pasion por el Fagon as part of a large group. We didn't know what to expect, but it was wonderful. I had the skirt steak in a tamarind marinade. It was amazing. My husband had the seafood mofongo. Again, delicious. Our group was quite large. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. We wanted to return, but they were closed on a Tuesday :(

• Visited February 2013