“Awesome guides and an exciting outing!”

Kayaking Puerto Rico
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Culebra Kayak and Snorkel Adventure from Fajardo
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the finest BIO BAY, SNORKELING, Kayaking, and Boating Excursions in Puerto Rico! Winner of the Puerto Rico Tourism Company QUALITY AWARD, KPR specializes in professionally guided eco adventures along Puerto Rico’s Eastern Coast.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The guides were enthusiastic and fun! They were helpful and shared information at several stops during the trip. I liked that they took pictures for you, and then posted them to facebook so that you can just find your pictures after and save them. (I've been on other excursions where they take pictures for you, but then you have to pay for a disk.)
I would definitely recommend the earlier departure. This way, your trip out to the bay has some daylight. The way back is still dark, but by then you'll have the hang of the kayaks. Well, most people did anyway! The guides towed in a couple people that couldn't figure it out.
This was one of the coolest things I've seen. The bio bay is amazing.
One note- there are several companies that do this tour. They all meet at the same place, and all have some reason they are better than the companies. I have to say we were so impressed with the employees. I don't know how the guides can do this tour day after day, and stay so upbeat and friendly.
Awesome experience!

Ummm... I must share this gross little piece of advice. You absolutely do not want to use the bathroom facilities at the park where this tour starts and ends. This will be one part of your vacation when you may want to not think about staying hydrated. I've been to several countries and been to places with no running water. However, nothing compared to what greeted my eyes when I stepped into the "facilities" here. Word was the men's room was in the same state.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,730)
All reviews
in 31 reviews
"change of clothes"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Had an excellent time! Staff goes out of their way to accommodate your requests and answer your questions. We were fortunate enough to have low tide during our excursion and were able to enjoy the "glow" in the water to and from Laguna Grande. It's best to bring your bathing suit as you will get wet. If you have a waterproof camera, make sure you bring a strap so you can attach to your vest. But you don’t need your camera as they take plenty of free pictures for you and they will post them on facebook for you to view. Book asap, the were fully booked for our 1st and 2nd choice of dates/times. If you have the opportunity to go early to the excursion, stop by a kiosk/restaurant near seven seas beach (on the way to the tour) and have dinner. I can't remember the name of the one we went to but they had tables on the left side of the road (ocean front), had a pretty good mofongo and pina colada!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

The guided kayak tour into Bio Bay (aka. Laguna Grande at the La Cabezas de San Juan Reserva Natural 'El Faro') is definitely something that all visitors to Puerto Rico should experience!

We set out in our tandem kayaks just as the sun began to sink below the horizon. After a short paddle across the marina bay, it was about a 1/2 mile paddle through a mangrove tunnel. It starts to get rather dark while under the mangrove canopy, so if you have your own personal headlamp, I would strongly suggest your pack it for this occasion! If you don't have a headlamp, a flashlight will do. This way, you can flick your light on and off, briefly, to get a better feel for where the waterway is taking you. If you don't have a light, you lack a sense of direction, or you don't have a lot of experience kayaking, be prepared to join the throng of disoriented kayakers crashing into each other and the mangrove trees. It was hilarious watching the boats in front of me zig-zag their way back and forth across the channel and crash into things - no one was injured physically, but I'm sure a few peoples' prides (and maybe a few relationships) were a little bruised...

Once out in the bay itself, the guides raft all the kayaks together and take the time to explain the area to you (geography, biology, etc.) The guides are informative, entertaining and posses a great sense of humor.

After being given about 30 minutes to explore the bay by yourself, you'd best join the tour and make your way back.

All in all, a fantastic experience! I would highly recommend!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We did the bio bay tour with this company. A lot of fun overall, and great experience. Definitely worth doing. One things that could have made it better - spending a little more time in the actual bio bay. The experience of kayaking to and from was awesome, but felt a little bit rushed once we were there. Still a great trip I'll remember!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We did the rainforest and kayaking the bio bay tour combo. The staff at Kayaking PR picked us up on time from our hotel and were very professional throughout the booking process with great communication. Once we picked up everyone in the group (tour was 10 people) we headed to the El Yunque rainforest where we got an excellent tour while hiking and swimming in a gorgeous waterfall. After hiking, the tourguides took us to an amazing local restaurant for authentic Puerto Rican cuisine. It was cheap and delicious! We never felt rushed on the tour and they were enthusiastic to answer our questions without making us feel dumb. After the rainforest we went to meet up with people and kayak the bio bay. There are no words to describe how amazing this is. You MUST see it.

1  Thank Jessica B