Book In Advance
Tours from Kayaking Puerto Rico tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Kayaking Puerto Rico
from $53.52
from $88.08
from $189.56
from $240.84
1,822 results
All reviews bio bay tour aquafari culebra puerto rico mini boat tour mangrove forest combo tour took pictures tamarindo beach full refund granola bars el yunque mini boats amazing experience lead guide a lot of fun earlier tour change of clothes
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have been coming to Puerto Rico ever since I was a child always to visit family. For the first time in 23 years I went as a tourist and decided to book two tours with Kayaking Puerto Rico. I did the Bio-Bay and the Aquafari Culebra tour. We started with the early Bio-BAy tour and it was a really great experience to see the glow in the dark water. The only thing was that there were so many other tour companies doing the same kayaking tour so the bay got a little crowded and kayaking experience would definitely help in that situation. The culebra aqua ferry was definitely my favorite! The tour guides were great, Lucas, Bryan, and Iris made our time there so amazing and I definitely recommend them for everyone! If you are looking for fun things to do in Puerto Rico you should DEFINITELY book through Kayaking Puerto Rico. You will not be sorry.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

One of the best experiences I've ever had! I thought kayaking at night would be stressful and difficult, but it was beautiful, fun and relaxing. Guides and other staff are very well prepared, knowleagable and really fun. When you arrive, there is a tent where sign-up is located. Easy process. They have bug spray available, but on the night I went, I didn't notice a single bug the whole time. I was comfortable in a bathing suit with shorts and a t-shirt over it. Shoes are optional, but I chose to wear rubber flip-flops. No real skill level in kayaking is needed and trip isn't too tiring. Two-man kayaks have a tiny light attached to front and back, which is all that is needed to direct you in a caravan of 15 or so kayaks. Best to go on a moonless or almost moonless night so the magic of the biobay can best be seen. Trip starts out in small bay area, then is guided through a track of mangrove trees, until it opens up to another bay that is the biobay. The whole bay is not lit up, but rather, everywhere a paddle or hand swipes through the water, it is illuminated. Fascinating and beautiful. At the end, after group has returned, they help you out of kayaks and provide water and light snacks. Pictures were taken by staff from start to finish (group and individual) and although I haven't tried to get mine yet, my understanding is that the pictures are emailed to the person who registered for the trip and are also avaialble on Kayaking Puerto Rico's Facebook page for free. Trip cost me about $45 and was worth every penny. Felt well taken care of. Only issue was the public bathroom available at the site...it was very nasty and you have to bring your own toilet paper. A small inconvenience compared to the overall experience.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This was as cool as you can imagine it to be. The staff was really organized, knowledgeable, and friendly. I did another excursion with this group (mini boat snorkeling) which was also great. I highly recommend Kayaking Puerto Rico. They say to leave your camera at home if it doesn't have flash. I didn't listen and took pics, but all my pics were black. You can't see a thing so don't bother with the camera and just enjoy the glow!

Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Please do not missed this tour. Very nice, beautiful mangrove areas. Tour guides; EXCELLENT! Time: 2 hours kayaking. You will have a lot of fun!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My family and I took the evening biobay tour to see the glowing waters of Laguna Grande. Our expectations were exceeded. We were so amazed at how beautiful it was and what a unique experience it was to put your hand into water to make it glow so bright. Cristobal was very funny, entertaining, and informative. One top of that, we found that the people in 2 of the kayaks in our group could not kayak, so 2 of the guides were kind enough to tow them so that they did not hold up the rest. Kayaking out there was environmentally friendlier and much more interactive than taking one of the boats that we saw out there. You are so much closer to the water and get to see it glowing the whole time. What an awesome experience! You can probably take a kayak out there on your own for a lot cheaper, but it would be difficult to see getting out there and perhaps quite complicated to get a kayak. I totally recommend the biobay tour!