“Great Tours with East Island Excursions”

East Island Excursions
Ranked #3 of 56 Tours in Fajardo
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: East Island Excursions is your best choice for snorkeling and boat trips on Puerto Rico's off shore islands and cays, offering a variety of quality marine excursions with professional captains and caring crew for an unforgettable experience! Snorkel the crystal clear Caribbean waters, explore our deserted cays, beautiful white sand beaches and then kick back and enjoy a sumptuous Onboard Lunch Buffet of fresh fruits, fresh-baked bread, sliced deli meats, cheeses, tuna salad, gourmet pasta salad, coleslaw and chips. Bar includes Sodas, water, juices and local beer for sale. Top it off with a cold Piña Colada or our famous Tropical Rum Punch. That's The East Island Experience!
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We have children 7 and 4 and thought the snorkling trip was great. There is a slide on the boat for the kids, the food is very good and the staff is really professional. We booked ahead of our trip which I recommend. They do fill up.

2  Thank Vacati0nBunny
Write a ReviewReviews (1,703)

Reviewed September 1, 2010

The actually experience of SWIMMING in the bio bay in Vieques was unforgettable!!! Every move you make makes the water glow & when you lift your hands, arms & shoulders out of the water it looks like little grains of sand glowing on your skin blinking like stars in the sky! Water splashing off the boat glows and we could see fish jumping in & out of the water following us. I highly recommend this!!! HOWEVER, getting there a real pain in the butt!
1) took about of 1.5 hours (door to door) to arrive from San Juan
2) told to be there by 5pm the latest but we didn't leave til after 5:30pm
3) boat ride was very fast - don't forget the Dramamine!
4) gather into vans to go to East Islands "restaurant" & sit around for about 1/2 hr for the guide to introduce himself & watch a video
5) board a cheese bus (really!?) and take almost the same route we took in the van (why?) to get to the bay - avoid broken windows at all costs because the trees on the narrow road WILL HIT YOU IN THE FACE. The road to the bay is beyond has potholes 10x's worse than NYC so hold onto your seat!
6) board another boat
7) swim for 30-45 mins
8) get back to the "restaurant" & eat mediocre food & then revert the trip back, arrive around 11pm.

Whoever I booked the trip with wasn't very friendly but the crew was great. I absolutely hated all the time wasted getting to Vieques & the food was horrible. But I have to say the experience of the swim was totally worth it in the end for me, but not so much for my husband. If you are impatient, hungry and/or short on time, don't bother going on this excursion from San Juan. Oh, and it's nearly impossible to record this experience on film, but moments like these you will never forget :)

Reviewed August 24, 2010

First let me say that the crew of the boat was the best. they were peronable and very helpful. This was the first timesnorkiling for me and my boyfriend. lets just say that my boyfirend needed more help with it than me., not only did Chris the resident bartender of the boat was very patient and helpfu;, but everyone was. They made the trip that much better. Now own to the good stuff! hands down i was in aww of the place . they picked a very good spot for snorkling and the beach.. well i am speachless. not overrated as one of the most beautiful beaches. they offer a nice spread for ther food that they provide and did i say that the drinks are flowing. the crew is very reposnible. Thrugh my reasearch most tours offer 1 or 2 drinks. i am not saying that this was the main reason, however ths comes in handy on your way way back.! i just want to say thanks to Cpt Jack, Chris, Sorren and Wilmur for a great time!

Reviewed August 22, 2010

My family and I (husband and 3 teens/young adult sons) did their Bioluminescent Bay tour on Sunday 15th and loved it.
Before we left the dock, we ordered dinner from about ten options they gave us.
First ride was a fun ride on their Island Flyer Catamaran out to Vieques Island - the staff was friendly and served as many drinks as we wanted. Plus, some of the other people on the boat were a blast ... laughing and singing during the ride. (Gals, if you read this, we lost your number, we want to connect :)

Then we boarded a shuttle van to a great dinner at their restaurant. Then it was a bus ride to the bio bay. This ride was bumpy, but not as bad as some of the reviews make it sound.
Then we boarded an electric pontoon boat for a short ride around the bay with the staff telling us some details about the area, bay and night sky.
And then the highlight ... swimming in the bay for almost half an hour. It was even better than I thought it would be. The water is totally warm (I hate cold water) and it was cool to see the glow of the micro-organisms in the water every time you moved. Everyone weats a lifejacket type belt, so you don't have to swim, you can just float/kick/move around.
We all loved it!

1  Thank JanetOber
Reviewed August 19, 2010

My friend and I took the East Wind/East Island Excursion to the bioluminescent bay in Vieques. It was the only tour that we could find that didn't require an overnight stay on the island. For about $100 plus tax, we took a catamaran over to Vieques (it had been raining in Puerto Rico pretty heavily, so they warned us that it would be choppy-a motion sickness pill taken in advance made the ocean a non-issue). There were free rum drink on the boat the whole time. Once docked, we were taken to the "visitor's center" where we ate dinner (included in the overall price). The dinner was GREAT! After that, we were loaded onto a bus and driven down a rough dirt road to the Bio Bay.

We got onto an electrically powered pontoon boat and headed out into the bay. Once we got away from the shore, the captain instructed us to take a look at the water. It was the coolest thing! you could see the break from the boat plowing through the water. You could also see streaks of light like shooting stars when the fish darted away from the disturbance of the boat.

They put floatie belts on us and we hopped into the water and that's when the real fun began. Everytime you moved, the water glowed. Your swimsuit sparkled like you're a vegas showgirl.

They let us swim for pretty much as long as we wanted. On the catamaran trip back, they allowed us to sit outside on the back of the boat. Free drinks again. Joelle (not sure how to spell his name) caught a tiny swordfish with his barehands off of the wake of the boat. So very cool.