“once in a lifetime experience”

East Island Excursions
Ranked #3 of 57 Tours in Fajardo
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: East Island Excursions is your best choice for snorkeling and boat trips on Puerto Rico's off shore islands and cays, offering a variety of quality marine excursions with professional captains and caring crew for an unforgettable experience! Snorkel the crystal clear Caribbean waters, explore our deserted cays, beautiful white sand beaches and then kick back and enjoy a sumptuous Onboard Lunch Buffet of fresh fruits, fresh-baked bread, sliced deli meats, cheeses, tuna salad, gourmet pasta salad, coleslaw and chips. Bar includes Sodas, water, juices and local beer for sale. Top it off with a cold Piña Colada or our famous Tropical Rum Punch. That's The East Island Experience!
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I did the kayak tour of the Fajardo lagoon and wish I had done this tour first!!!
The opportunity to swim in the bay and have the "sparkles" on your body was spiritual. We had a clear night and all the start were visible I can't remember the last time I saw the Milky Way.
The crew were great and you can read other reviews about them. I suggest you do this tour while in PR because I imagine it won't be long until it will be forbidden to swim in this bay as it is in the Fajardo bay.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,732)
All reviews
in 23 reviews
"flamingo beach"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed July 28, 2010

Our entire family has so much on this trip! The water is warm, beautiful and clear. Lots of colorful fish. We even saw a few dolphins! A baby dolphin was swimming with her mother. It is very much worth the money, good sandwiches, great drinks (pina coladas, w/run or w/out etc). Clean boat, great crew.

1  Thank AnjasMommy
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I took my eight year old daughter on the high speed catamaran excursion to Vieques. First of all, if you are slightly prone to sea sickness I highly recommend taking Dramamine before going. Three people got sick the entire trip to Vieques. On the way back the seas were much calmer.

They served unlimited rum drinks and chips etc on the way there. Our "director"/drink master was a very entertaining guy from Tennessee named Levi. The trip there went faster than I expected. Once there, they took us to a restaurant for a pretty decent complete dinner. As others have said, you then board an old school bus and now the second part of the adventure as you go down very narrow, overgrown mangroves. Timing the moon rise is very important. At first they tried to talk me into a night a few nights earlier and I'm so glad I didn't go then. The moon rose in the middle and you can't see any of the dinoflagellites. If you go to the US Navy's website you can find the moon rise times which is just as important as the phase.

The bioluminescent bay was everything people talk about. An amazing experience. It's hard to believe it's all natural and not some trick.

I would definitely go with this company again. I heard from another couple who did the daytime snorkeling trip with East Island and they said it was calm, relaxing and beautiful.

Reviewed June 18, 2010

We had a blast doing the sailing catamaran experience. We left at 10 and returned at 3:30. Weather was lovely, boat was beautifully maintained, and the staff was a blast. This is a very professional crew who still makes sure everyone is having fun.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 7, 2010

This excursion was so much fun!! It was the best thing we did in PR. We went on the Culebra Get-Away. They picked us up from our hotel in San Juan, brought us to the marina in Fajardo where we signed in, and we got on the boat. It's about a 45-min. boat ride to Culebra, and they anchored off of Carlos Rosario for snorkeling; We were there for a while, and they provided snorkels, masks and fins, and they told us how to use them. The reef was beautiful, and extensive. The bar opened as well and they set up a lunch buffet. I thought the food was really good, and so were drinks... unlimited rum drinks are included in the cost! :) you can pay a few dollars for beer... or just have water, soda, or juice of course. After a while they sailed over to another part of Culebra - Playa Flamenco - and anchored there for a while, and people swam up to the beach to hang out. This was the best; Playa Flamenco is the most beautiful beach EVER! Of course the bar was still open and snorkeling equipment was still available for those who wanted to snorkel over there. You could also climb up to the top of the boat to lay in the sun if wanted. Then you head back to Fajardo, and you can drink on the way back if you want (or some people just slept) and they drove us back to our hotel.

Pros:
High-speed boat; you get to Culebra in 45 min.
Unlimited rum drinks :)
Buffet lunch
Fun crowd
Snorkeling gear provided, also instruction is provided
You get to go to Playa Flamenco
Really nice, fun, and funny staff - they were hilarious, and made the whole thing even more fun!

Cons:
Since the boat goes pretty fast the ride can be a bit bumpy, so those prone to motion sickness should definitely take a dramamine beforehand.

2  Thank Sunshine_8787