“Only trip to Mosquito (Bio) Bay from Fajardo”

East Island Excursions
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Culebra Day Trip by Catamaran from Fajardo
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: East Island Excursions is your best choice for snorkeling and boat trips on Puerto Rico's off shore islands and cays, offering a variety of quality marine excursions with professional captains and caring crew for an unforgettable experience! Snorkel the crystal clear Caribbean waters, explore our deserted cays, beautiful white sand beaches and then kick back and enjoy a sumptuous Onboard Lunch Buffet of fresh fruits, fresh-baked bread, sliced deli meats, cheeses, tuna salad, gourmet pasta salad, coleslaw and chips. Bar includes Sodas, water, juices and local beer for sale. Top it off with a cold Piña Colada or our famous Tropical Rum Punch. That's The East Island Experience!
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We booked their evening trip which leaves from Fajardo and goes to the Bio Bay and loved it. We didn't have the time to spend the night on Vieques, so this was our only option to see Mosquito Bay - it was completely worth it.

We checked in about 4:30 for our trip and ordered dinner (they have about 12 options ranging from burgers to meat options to vegetarian). The catamaran ride over to Vieques took about 45 minutes, and they served drinks and chips on the way. We then loaded into vans to the south side of Vieques. Our group was first, so we saw a short movie/intro to the Bio-Bay then loaded up on "the magic school bus" for a 20-minute (very bumpy) ride to the Bay. We rode in an electric boat out into the bay - so impressive! The guide gave us information about the organisms and reasons why this is one of the few bio-bays on earth. After about an hour on the water, we went back to the dock and took the bus back to their shop, where dinner was waiting. (The other group had eaten dinner first and then went out on the bus.)

After dinner the vans took us back to Isabel Segundo and then the catamaran back to Fajardo. We arrived about 10:30. It was a long evening but well worth the chance to experience Mosquito Bay!

2  Thank SnowyShasta
Write a ReviewReviews (1,751)
All reviews
in 23 reviews
"flamingo beach"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We booked the Culebra tour in the morning and the Bio Bay tour in the evening on the same day. We stayed at Old San Juan and chose to have East Island coordinate transportation and the tours. It was a LONG day. We were picked up from our hotel at 7am and was back at the hotel at 11:30pm. Despite the lengthy day, the excursion was VERY organized and staff were courteous, helpful, and a lot of fun! Logistically, the transportation arrangements were impressive. There were quite a few trips (OSU hotel to Farjado port, port to Culebra, Culebra to Farjado port, Farjado port to Vieques, Vieques port to restaurant, restaurant to Mosquito Bay, Mosquito Bay to Vieques port, Vieques port back to Farjado port, Farjado port back to OSJ hotel) but they were all so well coordinated that you rarely had to wait at all. Often times, the driver is already waiting for you at the designated spot. I was very impressed. The speed boat used was very fast, so people who have seasickness should be aware. Even I, who do not get seasick, was a little bothered by the bumpy ride. Staff were nice, atmosphere was fun, and it was open bar(if you don't drink, there are virgin drinks available). And of course, the main attractions themselves(Flamenco Beach and Mosquito Bay) were so breathtaking that you'd want to stay there forever. Oh...and I find that it is easiest to book the tour by phoning them through the Puerto Rico line. For some reason, the toll free line did not work for me. Overall, I am very happy with my experience with East Island excursions. :-)

2  Thank TheGirlOnEarth
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Booked the power catamaran tour for two teenagers, my husband and me. Included transportation from hotel, which was nice. Boat was very nice, free drinks and a great lunch. We went to our first location for an hour, then to our second beach location for 3 hours. It was nice to be able to walk the secluded beach and relax. There were no other boats there. The crew was amazing, always made you feel at home and well taken care of. My kids had a blast. Trip back included great music. All-in-all a great time. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Water was amazing. Gear provided was excellent.

If you have really small kids bring sand toys for beach time. The boat gets really close to the shore on the second stop.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

My wife and I had a absolute wonderful time..the trip we took was just the right length of time, about 5 1/2 hrs, the sights were awesome, snorkeling was great, went to a deserted island that the last pirates of the carribean filmed its last scene on. The food for lunch was basic but very good. And lastly, the staff were friendly, helpful, and actually quite funny at times. I would recommend this to anyone, especially first time snorkeling enthusiasts, which my wife and I were. Again a great time and well worth it..