“Trip of a lifetime!”

East Island Excursions
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience the beauty of the Caribbean up close -- we'll take care of everything else. With our spacious boats, experienced captains and crew, and amenities galore, East Island Excursions combines adventure and luxury to travelers and locals alike taking a trip out to sea. We offer sailing, snorkeling, tours, and event hosting supported by unmatched customer service and the peace of mind that comes from knowing you're working with the best. We believe your excursion should be a blast, and we take every measure to make sure it's unforgettable.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I booked an excursion to Icacos island directly through their website. They picked us up at our hotel at 7:30am and it was an 1 hour drive to Fajardo then another 45 minute boat to the island. This excursion was absolutely amazing. The staff was very friendly, accomodating and full of personality. Our favorite crew member was Jason he made sure we had an excellent time on the boat. They serve you lunch and snack and all the rum you can drink :) Icacos was our first stop where ppl could practice snorkeling in the shallow waters or relax on the beach. We laid out on the beach with our drinks until lunch time and went back to the boat for sandwiches. Our next stop was to a private island where ppl could go out into the deep waters for some real snorkeling. There were lots of fish and things to see. Im not able to swim but the staff still made it so i was able to enjoy the snorkle. I highly recommend this excursion we had a blast!

1  Thank Vacationgirl315
Write a ReviewReviews (1,914)
All reviews
in 23 reviews
"snorkeling excursion"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I used East Island the last time I was in Puerto Rico for the Icacos snorkeling trip and had a fantastic time. This time I made sure to book them again, choosing the Culebra snorkeling trip. The excursion was definitely one of the highlights of our trip!! The trip over to the island is a fun experience by itself, but once there it is absolute paradise. Culerbra is an absolutely beautiful place and the East Wind Catamarans are a fantastic way to see it. We had plenty of time to snorkel reefs around a deserted beach and then a few hours to spend snorkeling and walking Flamenco beach, which is heaven on earth. Of course the food, service, and hospitality of East Island Excursion are top notch. Highly Recommend!!!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I had a private group of 60 persons from my organization Puerto Rico Masters Swimming League on a day trip from Fajardo to Icacos. Every aspect of the trip and organization exceeded our expectations. We had a list of the people traveling in advance and that helped us organize the group and know when we were ready to leave. Security counts were re-checked every time we moved from one point to another. On board the Captain William and the crew Hiram, Carlos and Sorein were very polite and friendly. Drinks and snacks were available during all the trip, lunch was appropriate for this type of event and tasted good. The spot on Icacos Beach was the best of all, we got there a little earlier that the rest of the supplier, after about 2 hours in the spectacular clear water beach in Icacos we had lunch and traveled to a nearby coral reef, deep enough to dive from the boat if you wanted, snorkeling equipment was clean and available to use and the coral scene was breath taking. On our way back to Fajardo more snacks were available and the ride was smooth and on time. Every member of my organization thanked me for organizing the event, but the all I did was contact the right people - East Island Excursion.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This company is the only one that allows you to go for the afternoon from the main island of Puerto Rico to see the Bioluminescent Bay and then return on the same day. All other tours require that you stay overnight on Vieckes.

Overall this tour company is OUTSTANDING. They could not be friendlier or more concerned about your getting a great experience on the Bioluminescent Bay. They pick you up at the Fajardo marina, take you by catamaran to the island of Vieckes and then transport you by van and bus to the bay. The trip on the bay is on a pontoon boat and the crew does EVERYTHING they can to be friendly, entertaining and give you an up close look at the incredible bioluminescent creatures. There is no rush during this tour and you have an abundance of time to ask questions and play with the water to see the amazing illumination that occurs when the water is disturbed. I don't know what other tour companies do on this tour but our group of six people could not have asked for a more complete explanation to exposure to the bay. This is a top quality company and all the staff bend over backwards to make you happy with your experience. I could not more highly recommend them.

1  Thank traveler564
See more reviews
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We took the East Wind catamaran to Icacos for some beach time, swim time and then went to a reef stop for snorkling! This was a great time for the entire family the Internet says they provide lunch but they had some type of food out the entire time. Cpt. William and his entire crew were very informative and helpful and served as everything from snorkling instructors to bartenders/waiters to tour guides! They were very friendly, joked around with the kids and even gave my mom that is not the best swimmer some special attention to ensure she enjoyed the trip and felt comfortable snorkling. They offer pay ahead service which I did take advantage of and it did cut down on the wait because the check in for multiple boats is taking place at the same time! Chris was our host for the trip and he was just a hoot! ! Again he worked hard to be everything to everyone and did a great job! He was knowledgable about the islands and their history and more than willing to share! I think it was worth the price and we got the added value of seeing the movie ship for the Pirates of the Carribean that was docked in the marina. I honestly think we could not have enjoyed it more if we tried! I would recommend this and listen when they say sunscreen is ur friend and tell you to swim over further to the reef..it is worth it!