“East Island Excursion to Icacos”

East Island Excursions
Ranked #3 of 56 Tours in Fajardo
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: East Island Excursions is your best choice for snorkeling and boat trips on Puerto Rico's off shore islands and cays, offering a variety of quality marine excursions with professional captains and caring crew for an unforgettable experience! Snorkel the crystal clear Caribbean waters, explore our deserted cays, beautiful white sand beaches and then kick back and enjoy a sumptuous Onboard Lunch Buffet of fresh fruits, fresh-baked bread, sliced deli meats, cheeses, tuna salad, gourmet pasta salad, coleslaw and chips. Bar includes Sodas, water, juices and local beer for sale. Top it off with a cold Piña Colada or our famous Tropical Rum Punch. That's The East Island Experience!
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went on the Icacos daytrip which included time on a beautiful beach and snorkeling at a very cool reef. It was by far the best thing we did while we were in Puerto Rico!! They offered a free lunch and open rum bar which is included in the fee you pay for the trip. Well worth every penny! It was amazing and the crew was awesome!!! If you are looking for something to do Puerto Rico then this is the place to call :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,703)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our family (2 adults a teen and a preteen) did the Culebra excursion on our most recent vacation to Puerto Rico. It was a really fun experience. Hotel pickup in San Juan was worth it at 15 per person. We were picked up a few minutes late due to traffic but no big deal, we made it to the dock in plenty of time.

Once there we had a short wait to check in (process was a little disorganized) and we were given our snorkeling fins and boarded. When everyone was ready we were off to the first snorkeling spot.

The power cat was a nice boat, clean and obviously well maintained. The only thing is that the ride out to Culebra can be quite choppy. Definitely take Dramamine if you are at all prone to motion sickness!

The initial snorkeling spot was fine, wouldnt say it was the greatest reef ever but there was beautiful water and different species of fish. We even saw a ray. Lunch was also served on this part of the trip. After a while we were off to Flamenco Beach. All I can say is wow, what a gorgeous beach. I could have stayed there forever. If you are a beach person you'll be in heaven. We had time to walk on the beach, snorkel and swim.

The staff and crew were all very nice and friendly and the drinks were good. Lunch was quality sandwiches and salads. We even got fresh cut fruit and some cookies for the ride back (which was much smoother).

Overall, a very nice day out on the water and the beach. It was a family friendly atmosphere and worth it. Hope this helps.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Last week I was in Puerto Rico for a week to celebrate my mom's birthday. Both of my brothers and my 11 year old nephew were along, too, and the one thing we all loved was our day of sailing and snorkeling with East Island Excursions.

Aboard a 62' catamaran, we sailed to the island of Icacos. The trip to and from Icacos was pure tranquility - smooth sailing, fun music, beautiful scenery, drinks and snacks. The boat was clean, the staff was attentive, friendly, and helpful, and our experience could not have been better.

My use of a manual wheelchair due to a spinal cord injury did not inhibit my ability to enjoy this excursion. The guys were easily able to get me onto the boat from the dock (and vice versa at the end of the day), and although getting into the water to snorkel was a little trickier, nobody hesitated when I said I was ready to get in.

Arturo, Levi, Wilmer, and Sorren were a great crew. The itinerary involved a stop for about 90 minutes at a shallow area where people could practice snorkeling or explore the beach. Lunch was served (deli sandwiches, pasta salad) on the boat, and then we moved over to a deeper reef on the other side of Icacos to do some more snorkeling. Large plates of cookies were put out for dessert, so we had plenty to eat throughout the day.

Our boat was clean and spacious, and there was room for shade when you did not want to be in the sun. There even were people on the boat who didn't snorkel, they apparently just went along to sail, eat and drink. It seemed to me like everyone was having a good time regardless of why they came.

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are on our honeymoon and booked thus excursion before we left for Puerto Rico. We were told we would be picked up at the hotel and it would be a 40 minute drive to a relaxing catamaran ride, with cocktails, to Mosquito Bay- the taxi ride took almost 2 hrs- with no apologies or explanation- we made two more stops and stuffed in more ppl than should have been allowed in the van. We pulled up to the harbor and were corralled into line and then told to wait with no real explanation of what was happening- no drinks were served and there was no entertainment while we waited until 6 pm to take off. (We were picked up at our hotel at 3:30) the ride on the catamaran was horrible- so rough you couldn't enjoy a drunk- with children crying and ppl getting seasick-it was a miserable hour ride. During this hour we were told drink up bc there is absolutely no alcohol at the restaurant - what? So we finally get to land and make our way off the boat- and we wait again bc a huge ferry is boarding and we can't get by. We then load another van and drive another 20 minutes to a restaurant - where no alcohol is served one soda or water is all you are allowed while you are there- food was ok- but basic and service sucked. Then we load onto yet another bus an hour plus later- and take the worst 20 minute ride I have ever taken- bumpy- cars inches away-kids crying. To finally pull up to a pontoon boat about 10 pm (let me remind you we were picked up at our hotel at 330). Don't get me wrong- the bio bay was pretty cool- but the trip was a joke- completely false advertising- we were on the bay less than 30 minutes- no swimming and then we reversed the whole process coming back- I have no idea how this place has such good reviews this is the worst excursion I have ever booked- so bad that we cancelled the snorkling excursion with the same company that we planned for Saturday! We called to vent out frustrations to the company and the women was so rude and refused to do anything to help us- so we cancelled and will be booking with another company. Beware this tour- not as advertised- we did not return to our hotel until after 1am- so 9.5 hours total excursion time- 320 bucks- 30 minutes on the bio- bay, a bottle of water and a plate of rice and beans- what a rip off!

5  Thank Xtinaroyal
Reviewed July 4, 2013

First off if you're staying in San Juan DO NOT TAKE THIS EXCURSION. We left the hotel at 3:30pm and then traveled 1hr 30 mins to get to fajardo, we had to stop at a bunch of hotels along the way, finally get to the dock and staff was sort of friendly, we just felt coraled the whole time like cattle. I'm just such an explorer on my own that I hated this. Sea's around the island are ROUGH. If you're not used to open ocean boating take Dramamine. It's sad that I have to be the one to explain all this to you but no one would do this excursion if they told you this. After catamaran ride (50 mins) they corale you into another bus where you drive by all the nice restaurants and bars and beaches and head to a tour center for the bio bay which serves you basic food with NO ALCOHOL. I reapet NO ALCOHOL. This is supposed to be an expensive excursion that the customer should be catered to. We felt like 10 year olds on a school trip. They serve limited booze on the boat if you're not too sick to drink it. Then at 10pm we took a 20 minute tour of the bay after a another crazy bus ride......do the math we left the hotel at 3:30. All that travel for like 20-25 minutes in the bay. Got back to the hotel at 1:15 am. Never again. And they up charged me for no reason but the concierge at la concha took care if it ( la concha is the best hotel in San Juan as far as im concerned-service is outstanding). East island is trying to do a good thing here, there's no way you can go to see the bio bay any other way except to stay there otherwise so I understand what they're trying to do, unfortunately it's just not worth it.

3  Thank RRtravel47