“Excellent”

Ranked #5 of 55 Tours in Fajardo
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Snorkel the crystal clear Caribbean waters, explore our deserted cays, beautiful white sand beaches and then kick back on board and enjoy a sumptuous Lunch Buffet of fresh fruit, salads, fresh baked bread, sliced meats and cheeses. Top it off with a cold Pina Colada or our famous Tropical Rum Punch...that's The East Island Experience!
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We really enjoyed this trip. We went to bio bay on new year eve and had a great time there. Tour guides and staff on the boat were awesome. Learned a lot of things:)

Visited December 2012

• Finnish first
Morristown, New Jersey
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great day sailing and snorkeling”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We drove down from Dorado with our family for a snorkeling sail. It took us almost two hours to get there with the morning traffic but their directions were excellent. The captain and staff were attentive, professional and personable. It was a beautiful day for sailing. We stopped at a beach which was not much of a snorkeling site and had a very nice buffet lunch with very fresh bread, cold cuts, salads and great fresh fruit. Stopped at a reef after lunch which was an excellent snorkeling site. Nice, clean boat with plenty of room for everyone.

Visited January 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Im doing it again!!!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This was an amazing day out in Icacos and all the staff was amazing....for the great price that they ask if provides everything you would need as well as taken you to an amazing small beach and snorkeling area. Definite recommend!

Visited February 2012
Minnesota
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 216 helpful votes
“Fajardo to Vieques Bio Bay tour - below expectation”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

First, I must say the East Island Excursions staff was very friendly. This was appreciated. My husband and I took the tour from Fajardo to Vieques for a pontoon tour of the bioluminescent Mosquito Bay. We were told to check in at the marina at 4:15pm. There we signed waivers and selected our choices for dinner. The group was divided into two sections; after arriving at Vieques one group would eat first while the other went to the bay; then vice versa. The tour advertised a catamaran sail to the island of Vieques. The boat we went on I could consider more of a ferry. We were only allowed to sit inside the enclosed section; not on top. And only a few people were allowed to go outside during the trip over. The ride was a bit bumpy but not enough to make me sea sick. Rum drinks and non-alcoholic punch and coladas were served free onboard. Upon arriving at the port of Vieques, we were led to a group of extended vans waiting; I believe this was a third party transportation group. Although the East Island Excursion staff members were in the van with us, they really were just along for the ride. I think this portion of the trip could have been improved by them telling a bit about Vieques, the population and its history while in the vehicles. We were dropped off at a small outdoor restaurant and our groups split. My group ate first. I had chicken, my husband had beef, some had burritos...the food was good but just average. The staff there was not overly friendly either, but this was our experience all over PR, so it may be just a regional attitude. When the other group returned, we boarded an old, run down school bus for the ride to the bay. This road was VERY bumpy and the bus had to go through and maneuver major pot holes while trying to squeeze through the tree covered path. I was in the back of the bus and really could not see what was up ahead, but those in the front belted out many an "Oh Man!" and comments of disbelief. As we exited the bus the bay area was pitch black. There was a lot of confusion as one group was coming off of the pontoon and canoes and people stepping of the bus were intermingling with them. I would suggest another person here to offer information and explain the process; as I thought there was a good chance we would end up missing our tour in the confusion. We boarded the pontoon and headed around toward the bay's entrance. Our guide on the pontoon was very knowledgeable and humorous. Unfortunately there were many people on the pontoon and when they attempted to show us something, everyone would go to one side and those in the back really were not able to see the display. I think the most important factor in deciding to book this trip is #1 the moon schedule, and #2 having realistic expectations. The night we went the moon was very bright. I think the moon light actually took away from the ability to fully see and appreciate the light effects of the bio bay. The guide said this tour was the last until the moon cycle passed through it fuller phases. Knowing this know I would have saved my money and maybe tried to do this during another trip to PR. After we returned we boarded the bus again and were returned to the port. We took the East Island Excursions ferry back to mainland Puerto Rico and returned to Fajardo after 10pm. To put this into perspective: the excursion for two with taxes cost $256.

Visited November 2012
6 Thank MNSandSeeker
Commerce Township, Michigan
“Christmas Day, 2012”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Family of 6 here in Puerto Rico for a week and without a doubt this snorkeling trip will be a highlight of our vacation. Great company to do this with and we have been doing these with others over the years - this ranks with the best! Thanks for a great day Chris, Hiram, Captain Tito and others!!! CB and Family

Visited December 2012