Open today: 5:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Review Highlights
I highly recommend Captain Danny Sosa and Maguro Fishing Charters!

Captain Danny Sosa and his mates were the friendliest crew we’ve ever seen. They kept us fed... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
MarcHassan
via mobile
Fun in Fajardo!

If you have the time to fish in Puerto Rico, you must go out with Maguro Fishing Charters! Danny... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
aah987
Kansas City, Kansas
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Fajardo
from $87.00
from $88.08
from $75.83
More Info
All reviews captain danny maguro wahoo tuna deck hand fish split charter in tip top shape caught barracuda puerto rico eager to answer questions extremely hard working genuine kindness charter service deep sea trip large barracuda boat safety
Selected filters
Reviewed March 7, 2016

Captain Danny is great communicator and made an extra special effort to make my fishing charter most enjoyable.

He and his crew mate took care of even the smallest details to insure the outing was safe and with his knowledge and experience the time on the water was a success.

We caught enough fish to wear me out. By 3 in the afternoon I wasn't sure if I had the strength to reel in anymore.

Danny pointed out attractions like whale sharks, flying fish and the birds which helped point to where more fish were.

I felt at ease during the entire time and impressed with how hard they worked to keep the lines bated and in the water,.

Take this charter and I believe you will by glad you did. I was.

Date of experience: February 2016
magurofishing, Owner at Maguro Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2016

Hello Sir and thank you for the positive feeback but mostly for taking the time to speak with me so that we can clearly customize your trip based on sugesting out of the 8 different fishing techniques we offer. It was a pleasure to take you on a full day trip aboard Maguro 1.

That day, we used 3 fishing techniques, plus you trusted my judgement to take you to an area (premium spot, full day only) that I have been fishing for over 40 plus years. I am also glad that you went by yourself versus doing the split charter. It is always very flattering when customers run out of gas of all the action. Some anglers can not last the whole trip because they can not reel them in anymore.

You are a true angler. You never quit. You fought over 35 fish pluss 13-15 strike that we had for a total of almost 50 strikes total.
As you noted the benefit of a center consol. I rather be where the action is, this way, I can help deckhand in order to maximize action and safety.

I know you told me you had not fished in over 30 years. I think we brought you back to par with all the action that day.

Attention to details, safety and elegance is what motivates is to enhance a good fishing experience like the day you had.

Once again, thanks for the oportunity.

Look forward to fish with you again

Take care

Life is short, Fish Hard!

Reviewed March 2, 2016

If you want a great day, look no further! Danny and his crew are excellent, and you will be more than pleased! From the booking (easy to do, Danny is great with communication and easy to talk with!) to the saying goodbye at the dock, you are in good hands all-the-way.
My son & husband booked a 3/4 day with Danny and their only wish (upon their return) was that it had been a full day! Next time we will make that happen!

The boat was in great shape and had all the amenities, Danny & his crew were attentive and experienced. Bring your camera, hat, 50 SPF sunscreen & get ready to reel them in!

Booking a fishing trip for my husband and son was way out of my wheelhouse, but Danny delivered everything I had hoped he would. Absolutely will use again, and you should feel super comfortable booking with Danny, you will be super pleased with the value you receive!

Thanks Danny! See you in two years!

Date of experience: February 2016

Many thanks for taking the time to write the review. It was a real pleasure taking your husband and son fishing aboard Maguro 2 Tournament Edition. I love the level of excitement they had during the 6 hours.

I am very happy that God provided us with lots of action that day. As you know, we had greater barracudas, marlin and Wahoo runs. Also a nice tuna. I hope that tuna was plenty for a few days. Nothing like freh fish. Is as smooth as butter.

I look forward to having you stay at our condo and have the boys fish a full day as their wish. This way you and the girls can enjoy the pool, view, manatees, etc...

Keep in touch and from us here at Maguro, please tell your husband that we are very gratefull for his service in the military.

Life is short, fish hard.

Reviewed February 28, 2016

We stayed at Danny's condo on the 29th floor near the marina. Very nicely equipped and a spectacular view. On the day we went fishing we arrived and Danny and his assistant were there to greet us. They made sure we were safely aboard and had refreshments as we left the marina. Fishing was slow on that particular day due to the clouds but he was able to put us on some fish and I pulled in a beauty. He also made some good suggestions on restaurants and other activity's. Al told a very nice fishing experience. We will be back.

Date of experience: February 2016
magurofishing, Owner at Maguro Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2016

Thank you very much for staying in our condo and fishing with us as well.
I am glad you were able to relax with our million dollar view, and enjoy what our island has to offer.
Even though your fishing trip was customized as a shorter one than usual, I am glad that even fishing was slow in the beginning, we were able to monitor and forecast the 3 elements I told you I was constantly monitoring (technology).After 44 plus years fishing these waters, I was happy to combine those elements with my 6th sense which gave me an idea of where I thought we can get lucky and it paid off.

Nice King-fish, better Ceviche

Thank you very much for the time to write the review.

Reviewed February 28, 2016

We had a pleasure fishing with Danny. We had a private trip half day trip with my wife. Danny was very professional and knowledgeable and explained a lot. The boat is rock-solid and even in larger waves handles and feels very safe. The hull is perfect for rougher seas therefore we had no problem getting out in the open, while we saw other smaller boats choosing to fish tarpon just by the pier. Great help from the crew throughout the tour and most importantly we managed to catch two Barracudas (one each). In addition to that we saw some nice scenery offshore: amazing small islands, floks of birds and nice time in general on the boat.
I definitely recommend the trip with Maguro Fishing Charters. Equipment is of high quality, boat is new and clean. Crew is great! Looking forward to our next fishing trip to Puerto Rico with Danny!

Date of experience: February 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the review. Since we put all our heart to our operation, I am glad you had a fun time fishing with us. Reviews like these are our biggest satisfaction.
Thank you for complementing the boat condition...As I told you the catamaran I took you guys out is a serious offshore boat. Sometimes we (4 anglers on the same side of the boat) are doing Vertical Jigging on the trench with 8-9 footers and while the boat is drifting we are having fun targeting Wahoo, Tunas, Mahi and Bill fish on the jigs. Very few boats are as stable as this particular catamaran. World Record Holder of the Bermuda Challenge. When we go out trolling at the trench, that is where it really shines, cutting through the waves.. I have a friend who has a Cabo 40 Express, after booking with us, he is now selling his boat to buy the 306 catamaran, because on big seas it rolls unsafely to much and after trying ours, he got convinced that the stability of this boat surpasses safety standards from other bigger boats. Anglers who really know about boats knows exactly what I am talking about. Some anglers feel the bigger, the better or safer. I do not agree. i rather go fast to the fishing grounds. Serious angler's appreciate the fact that time is crucial, specially running and gunning.

Out of respect and as a working father.......as far as for the comment for the other operation fishing tarpon inside pier, all I can say is that PR has excellent captains. That is why Puerto Rico is one of the best fishing destinations in the world. We always leave the dock for any of the 8 fishing techniques we offer. I have been asked, more than 5 times now, if we are the operation fishing in the marina or tied to the moorings....Respectfully, I have to clarify that WE ARE NOT that operation!

Thanks for the fishing Magazine. We are always learning from different cultures and have fun applying different tricks. That's what it should be all about.

Stay Warm in Oslo Norway.

Looking forward to having you on the condo and aboard either Maguro 1 or Maguro 2.

Capt Danny Sosa
Life is short, Fish Hard!!!

Reviewed January 30, 2016

Danny and his crew are fantastic - extremely knowledgeable and do everything they can to help create a once-in-a-lifetime experience for their clients. We were supposed to have a 4-hour trip, but unfortunately 2 out of the 6 people on our boat (me included) became sea sick. One of the other passengers could not stop throwing up, so Danny made the hard decision to bring us back in early, but thankfully we already had a great catch just about an hour into the trip. My husband reeled in a big sailfish - it was very exciting!
Danny played music, provided snacks and drinks, and talked to us the whole trip - making us comfortable and entertained the entire time. I learned my lesson - either take Dramamine next time or just let my husband go solo, but nevertheless, I would recommend Maguro Fishing Charters anytime you're in PR! I do not regret going, even though I got a little sick...as soon as I hit land, I was totally fine again!

Date of experience: January 2016
magurofishing, Owner at Maguro Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2016

Thank you for your time on writing the review. I know, most of you guys are always busy. However, this is our biggest satisfaction, to make sure we became the highlight of your vacation with this bill-fish.

That was a fun day. I enjoyed enticing the sailfish to fish after 2 attempts and finally felt for our presentation and change of speed and fresspool, etc.....

I hope to fish with you guys again. I had a good time with you guys.

Thanks again