“Pretty upscale for Las Croabas area, yet no fancy”
Review of Kasavista

Kasavista
Ranked #5 of 104 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Puerto Rican
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Kasavista is a Casual restaurant serving fresh local Puerto Rican Cuisine. Great for family dinning or a special occasion or simply to have a great meal with friends.
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I am a local so I am used to Seafood restaurants, Mofongo and many other local culinary options. I am a regular visitor of Fajardo so I am pretty familiar with the gastronomic options available around and I can say this is definitely one of the best. I came over with a group of about 8 which sometimes could be challenging to manage by many restaurant staff. Especially if 5 of them are teenagers that their sense of culinary adventurers still underdeveloped and do not understand the menu. The staff took great care of us accommodating the large group and spent the time to explain the menu to the group of starving teenagers!!

Everyone had a great time and food was very good. Prices pretty fair for the quality and not a bad selection of affordable wines. Definitely I will keep this place on our list of places to go when visit Fajardo over the weekends

Have an open terrace and I believe the only restaurant in Las Croabas area with air conditioned dining room

Valentin0125, Owner at Kasavista, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Hola 123580 from Dorado, I really enjoyed reading your review and the fact that you and your family had a good time at the restaurant. I thank you for your visit and I to meet you next time you visit my restaurant.

Mil Gracias
Leslie Valentin

There are newer reviews for Kasavista

Reviewed April 1, 2014

One of the best meals that I've ever had, anywhere, anytime. Cuisine comparable only to Augusto's in San Juan in terms of taste and quality. Classy, yet much more affordable. The classic Mofongo was prepared with pork chunks, that had the flavor of French-Creole Griot, but were much more tender and succulent. Divine. The red rice and beans, were also some of the best I've ever tasted. Definitely would be in the top 5 that I've dined at in all of Puerto Rico. Worth the trip.

1  Thank Orlandoleerdgz
Valentin0125, Owner at Kasavista, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Hello Orlandoleerdgz, It was great chatting with you and your wife and then actually running into you at another small establishment in Humacao. I am humbled by your comments and extremely happy you enjoyed your meal at the restaurant. I hope I see you again when you vista PR or that I run into you when I visit New York.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We dined here and sat outside to enjoy the outdoors. Was a bit unimpressed by the very sparse patio as the tables were nothing special and you basically overlook the parking lot so it is not a seaside dining experience by any means. (Also not the wow factor of La Estacion as far as atmosphere goes.) However, Food was wonderful and our server was excellent. I had the grouper it was very fresh. Not a fan of the red rice and beans served with the fish (but that is just me… it was too heavy)… I would definately go here again, perhaps sit inside as i noticed the white tablecloths and perhaps a bit nicer vibe indoors. You go here for the food. Was one of the best meals during our visit to the island.

Hola SkygalAA, I thank you for your review but I am a bit taken back by some of your comments. I do not serve Fish with red beans and rice since I agree with the fact that it is too filling and I am not crazy about the combination, though I will serve it if a guest specifically asks for it. Our interior does not have white linen as we are a seaside casual Puerto Rican restaurant with a casual atmosphere.
I am glad you enjoy your food and would visit us again. I ask that next time you vista us to please ask for me so that I can personally meet and greet you.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We found the restaurant going Kayaking and I researched the reviews on Trip Advisor. The staff was attentive and friendly, service was great...ask for Stephanie, she provided great service. My husband had the Churraco with mofongo and says it was the best he's ever had, I had the fish with yuca mash, I swear the fish must have been swimming earlier that day. To finish the meal we forced ourselves to have the nutela souffle....it was amazing! Food is fresh with the flavors of the island, I highly recommend it to everyone.

1  Thank DesignDMV

Hola DesignDMV, Thank for taking the time to write this review, I am glad you enjoyed our Puerto Rican flare and hospitality. I hope you visit us again during your next visit to Puerto Rico.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We walked to Kasavista from the El Conquistador (about a 5 minute walk when you exit from the gate located near the marina). We had made reservations for 7:15, and we were pleasantly greeted by the hostess and promptly seated at our choice of table, inside or out. We opted for the front porch to enjoy the sea breeze and people watching of the kayak groups in the park.

Our server Dennis then made his appearance at our table, and our wonderful culinary experience began. He was extremely knowledgeable of the menu items and assisted us in making perfectly palatable dinner choices. We started with the appetizer platter, a perfect sampling of Puerto Rican nibbles--guava and chicken turnovers, calamari and fried cheese with chorizo. We chose to accompany this with a pitcher of sangria--perfect sipping cocktail while sitting on a porch by the sea!

For our main course, my son had the churrasco steak, myself the panko-crusted grouper and my husband the dorado (my daughter had the chicken nuggets, and while I normally wouldn't pay mind to these, it was such a welcome site to see actual white chicken pieces, lightly breaded--not the frozen variety). Every entrée was incredible. The steak was tender and flavored perfectly, the grouper with its light, panko crust and sauce accompaniments melted in your mouth, and the natural deliciousness of the dorado was expertly enhanced by a mouthwatering mango chutney. Dennis further assisted us by recommending the perfect bottle of cabernet to compliment our meal choices. I would like to note that this is one of the few places we found in Fajardo with such an extensive wine list, a definite bonus for wine drinkers!

We finished off our visit with both the nutella soufflé and the warm chocolate cake. Both were incredible and the perfect ending to a perfect night. As we finished our glasses of wine, the sea breezes blowing gently, the kids contently sitting and people watching, our night was further enhanced by a visit from the owner and chef, Leslie. He was making his way around to the tables to ensure everyone's meal was to their liking, and we loved him from the minute we met him. The pride in his food, staff and country is very obvious, and he takes great care to make sure that his customers have the best experience possible, which we clearly did. We will definitely return and highly recommend anyone to go and experience Kasavista!

1  Thank choover

Hola choover, I love the detailed review you posted and I remember chatting with you your wife and kids on the terrace. I am thrilled you had a great experience and I will let Denni know you appreciated his service the night you dinned.