“Nice but could be better”
Review of Kasavista

Kasavista
Ranked #6 of 104 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Puerto Rican
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Kasavista is a Casual restaurant serving fresh local Puerto Rican Cuisine. Great for family dinning or a special occasion or simply to have a great meal with friends.
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice but could be better”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

The food is good but we wait up to 45 minutes to eat...the portions of the food are not too good. The waiter try to do his best.

Visited January 2014
Valentin0125, Owner at Kasavista, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hola Lynn2428, I wonder if your entree took 45 minutes or your meal took 45 minutes. I have been there in the kitchen everyday and I know when something like this happens and I was totally taken back when I read this.
I apologise if in fact your entree took this long which I hoenstly doubt and I hope it was your entire meal.

Bridgewater, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wondeful Vegetarian Food, Great Service”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We were on a 5 days trip to PR and being a vegetarian had tough time finding good food. After coming back from bioluminescent lagoon our guide suggested Kasavista and i am happy we took her suggestion as we really enjoyed this restaurant. They have only a handful of vegetarian dishes but the one's we tried were very good. The desserts were even better and Joel, our server, was very knowledgeable about all of the entrees and desserts and did a great job with recommendations. We highly recommend this for a great dinner at a good price.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank vipul313
Valentin0125, Owner at Kasavista, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hello vipul313, I am glad you enjoyed our vegetarian menu since it is a limited one but a tasty one.
I will let Joel know you enjoyed his service.

Bethesda, Maryland
“Great local food and ambiance”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The seafood dishes here are excellent; whatever the catch of the day is, you cannot go wrong ordering it. I agree with other reviewers - the mofongo here is the best in the area! The sangria is homemade and excellent, and the pours are generous.
It is great fun to sit on the front porch and watch the local night scene and listen to the latin music from down the street. Both the owner and the staff are very attentive and happy to talk to you about the food and the area.
Eating here was a pleasant change from the El Conquistador and a more authentic Puerto Rican experience. The restaurant is about a 15 minute walk from the hotel marina and well worth the journey.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jeanne19
Valentin0125, Owner at Kasavista, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hola Jeanne19, I love the fact that you enjoyed the latin music form our neighbours form down the street since since it can become quite a party on Friday nights.
I thank you for your review and it fills me with joy to know that you fully enjoyed your experience.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Wondeful Food, Great Service”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We really enjoyed this restaurant. The food was incredible. Joe, our server, was very knowledable about all of the entrees and did a great job with recommendations. He was very attentive and fun. My husband's fried snapper was incredible. There were 5 of us and everyone had a great meal. The chef came out at the end and introduced himself. He was trained at the El Conquistador but his food is much better and the prices were much more reasonable. We highly recommend this for a great dinner at a good price.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank JenTS88
Valentin0125, Owner at Kasavista, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hello JenTS88, It was really nice to meet you and your family and I am really appreciative of your review. I hope you visit us when you visit Puerto Rico again.

Miami, Florida
“Fantastic dinning experience”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

My night was just perfect food in kasavista is just so tasteful and good with kids also I celebrated my daughter birthday and the staff was so professional I had a fantastic salmon and my daughter had the chicken cubes with rice and beans and she ate it all that's a first so I definitely come back
Ps loved the sangria I wish I wasn't driving to get a pitcher the next time

1 Thank sarai721
Valentin0125, Owner at Kasavista, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Hola sarai721, I can't take credit for the sangria but I will let Vincent ( our Service Manager ) know that you love his sangria. I am really glad you fully enjoyed your experience at Kasavista.