“Terrible.”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ottawa, Canada
“Terrible.”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

$189 for a family of four and I could have cooked bester at home. First of all, for that price, I'd like proper dinnerware not plastic. The food itself was disgusting. For me, I was excited at the beginning. I mean, $45 for scallops, lobster and shrimp? Sounds great. What I got was a half plate of low grade fried rice, some sad looking veggies and a tiny pile of overcooked lobster, some undercooked scallops and some mediocre shrimp all doused in butter and soy sauce.

Someone needs to teach their cooks that soy sauce and butter does not a Japanese meal make.

I would give them zero stars except for two things:

1: TA won't allow zero stars
2: The wait staff was pretty awesome.

Avoid this place at all costs. I'd have been upset if this meal had cost the family $50.

Visited March 2014

Boston
“This may have been ok about 15 years ago!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This restaurant needs to close or get a total revamp. It is extremely dated, has no decent wine list and the servers didn't have any knowledge on wines. It may be more family oriented, but if so, then they need Teppanaki cooks that can put on a little show for the families. These were more popular in the states in the 90s, but people still enjoy going. The prices were high for the poor quality of the food. I don't know how the food was from the regular menu, but the group dining on the grill was horrible. The portions were small for 40$ pricing. The steak quality was very poor as well as the seafood. He cooked by adding butter to everything. The worst of the experience was after the cook was so quickly done, he sprayed some type of chemical cleaner on the grill. That should be done after the guests are done eating or leave. It was disgusting and took away from eating the meal, and mind you the rag was dirty, yes so appetizing. We spoke to the manager who was helpful and comped us for one meal, we told him and hopefully they can make some changes. I just won't go back to one ever again.

Visited February 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Don't go the Puerto Rico and expect good Japanese food!!”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Filet Minor tasted like liver, not seasoned or cooked well. Diffinitely can tell there are no Asian or Asian trained cooks in that kitchen! Not good at all, wasted $45 on one meal, took one bite and could not finish.

Visited February 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Worst Sushi we've ever had!!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

One would expect at The Waldorf Astoria that one would find a decent Sushi restaurant. Instead we had sushi w/lots of dense rice & old fish. Not a good combination. Not a single piece of the many we ordered was fresh at this coastal town. And then the bill came....WOW! Outrageous! Do Not Eat Here! BUT! Outstanding Service!!!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank tspott
Columbia, SC
“sour looking chef”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Had the teppanyaki style dinner with the family, the chef came out and cooked our meal in 5 minutes, no performance was given, but we were charged for it. My son's dinner was inedible so the manager only charged us half, because he ate the vegetables and rice, that was the only thing he could eat, don't waste your time or money.

Visited August 2013