After spending three days at this "resort" I was wondering why Waldorf Astoria would even put their name on it. The grounds of the hotel are it's only redeeming characteristic. From the moment we walked into the room I was immediately disappointed. The room felt like a poorly designed and outdated timeshare. The furniture was cheaply made and our bedroom's interior door was broken and leaning against the wall. Apart from the terrible room the food was worse. If you wanted to eat anything you had to visit what I called "the cruise ship on land." This "cruise ship" was the main hotel that required a golf cart ride to get to. Once there it was overcrowded, noisy and stocked full of poorly prepared and bland tasting meals. In order to get anything worth eating we had to leave the compound ($60 round trip) and venture to local spots with much better food, and vastly cheaper in price. The last thing I would like to add is the difficulty involved in getting to the beach. The trip in its entirety takes 40 min and once there you are treated to a white sand beach with 2000 other hotel guests. The hotel has its own island and I swear they tried to fit every hotel guest on the island at the same time. I would recommended looking somewhere else on PR to stay or bypass PR altogether.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Casitas Village is an enclave of private villas that enjoy sweeping ocean views, fully equipped kitchens, personal concierges and butler service. Among many pleasures, enjoy an expansive waterpark, scuba dive, ride horseback, golf or choose from a renowned menu of soothing treatments at the Waldorf Astoria Spa. Las Casitas Village has long been known as the jewel of the Caribbean and has accumulated a list of prestigious awards and accolades including a 4-diamond rating by AAA. Welcome to Las Casitas Village, a Waldorf Astoria Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Casitas Village, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo