The Golden Door Spa was wonderful and I took an excellent yoga class with Rita. The cardio/weight room is not large but well-equipped. The locker rooms were very pleasant and the spa boutique staff very helpful.
The pools in Las Casitas are very pretty and peaceful but in need of better cleaning and upkeep. Nothing appalling but enough plastic cups and bottles left hanging around to be disappointing and unpleasant. The pool scene at El Conquistador wasn't really what we were looking for-better for singles and families with older kids.
The setting is beautiful. Palomino Island was pleasant but unexpectedly crowded with slow food and drink service. (This was not the fault of the gentleman working at the beach. He was all alone and overwhelmed by sheer numbers.) The restaurants were generally unimpressive as far as service and food quality.
The rooms are dated and need a completely thorough cleaning and re-upholstering. We had a lot of difficulty checking in and left feeling that we had lost half a day of vacation due to the delay in cleaning our room and poor communication between Las Casitas and El Conquistador.
We found the prevailing staff attitude to be disinterest and apathy. We jokingly called it the "can't do" attitude. We may be spoiled because we typically stay at Four Seasons resorts. Our experience here has led us to decide to return to the Four Seasons for future resort-based vacations.
In general, a pleasant enough stay but enough aggravations and disappointments to make us hesitate before returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Casitas Village is an enclave of private villas that enjoy sweeping ocean views, fully equipped kitchens, personal concierges and butler service. Among many pleasures, enjoy an expansive waterpark, scuba dive, ride horseback, golf or choose from a renowned menu of soothing treatments at the Waldorf Astoria Spa. Las Casitas Village has long been known as the jewel of the Caribbean and has accumulated a list of prestigious awards and accolades including a 4-diamond rating by AAA. Welcome to Las Casitas Village, a Waldorf Astoria Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Casitas Village, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo