This review is long overdue, but the urge struck me as I was planning my return visit to Las Casitas in February. We stayed there at the end of January 2007 and I feel somewhat guilty for not writing sooner.
Where do I start...I have stayed at the El Con a number of times, however this was my first visit to the resort with my family, so I decided to book a stay at Las Casitas. My wife, three children(2,7,9) and I stayed in a 2 bedroom casita overlooking the ocean. Wow, what a view!
Check-in was a breeze, and we were immediately greeted by our butler, Luis Posada. While I can't comment on the other butlers, I cannot say enough about Luis. He was always there (except for the day he was off), extremely attentive, very proffessional and courteous. He certainly made our stay much more enjoyable. The pools are great. The private Island is very relaxing. As for the food...True, it is expensive, but not outrageously expensive. We ate off campus a couple of times and it was great. Would highly reccomend trying that. As for the service...If you are looking for 5 star New York or Paris service, you won't get it here. However, keep in mind THIS IS THE CARRIBEAN...Relax. If you are looking for 5 star Carribean service, Las Casitas delivers. No matter what resort I am at, It is very rare that I can travel with 3 small children and truly feel relaxed, but Las Casitas pulled it off. For that, I am extremely thankful.
I have been to many resorts over the years, with and without family, and I can now say with certainty that Las Casitas is the Jewel of the Caribbean. Overall, I would highly recommend Las Casitas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Casitas Village is an enclave of private villas that enjoy sweeping ocean views, fully equipped kitchens, personal concierges and butler service. Among many pleasures, enjoy an expansive waterpark, scuba dive, ride horseback, golf or choose from a renowned menu of soothing treatments at the Waldorf Astoria Spa. Las Casitas Village has long been known as the jewel of the Caribbean and has accumulated a list of prestigious awards and accolades including a 4-diamond rating by AAA. Welcome to Las Casitas Village, a Waldorf Astoria Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Casitas Village, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo