Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Star Treatment on our anniversary! Can't wait to visit again with the whole family!”

Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Fajardo
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed at Las Casitas Village for a very long weekend this past weekend and I am speechless...where to start.....

We felt like we were celebrities the moment we checked in and a "butler" led us to our room. It was dark by the time we took 1.5hr drive from SJU airport to the resort, so we had a hard time finding our way to our casita. Side note: we rented a car from "Charlie's Car Rental" in Isla Verde, which picked us up about a half hour after we landed and got us in our brand new rental in under 20 mins, and we were on our way. (It was also DIRT cheap--less than ALL of the airport based rental services.)

We also couldn't see any of the grounds upon arrival, but the next day.....!@!!@!!!!@!!!.....we were awestruck! The view from our balcony was beyond beautiful (we caught the sunrise, and it made my day!). I could have sat on the balcony for three days straight and would've been as happy as a clam!

We ate breakfast the first day at the small breakfast bar near our casita in the village since it was more convenient than calling a butler to golf-cart us to the main ElCon hotel. Side note: Being golf-carted around was such a luxury, and it was always a scenic drive through the cliffs and golfing grounds! Breakfast was good, but pricier than my favorite brunch spot outside of the resort- Las Vistas Cafe (A MUST-try while in Fajardo.) We also dined at Bella Vita (sp?) on El Con for dinner one night because we wanted more authentic Puerto Rican food, but found El Estacion, off of the resort, to be much fresher and tastier.

The room/housekeeping was always very clean, and turndown service was very cute with their towel-animal figures, a different animal every night holding the TV remote, greeting us upon our return to the room.

The infinity pool was spectaular with, again, unsurpassed views of the ocean and Culebra Island and waitress service.

The ferry via the main El Con resort to Palomino Island, however, was the highlight of our vacation. The views while walking through El Con to get on the cable car to get down the cliffs to the marina were (again) beyond gorgeous. (I took over 500 pics on this trip...it's insane! I don't think I take that many pics of my own children in a month!!! :-X)

On that note, we cannot wait to revisit Las Casitas again with our sons...it had to be the nicest resort we have ever visited together and made for a romantic anniversary treat. :)

Room Tip: Request an ocean view, you will thank me later!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had a fabulous time at the el conquistador. We stayed in a 2 bedroom casita with an ocean view. And the view was spectactular-like nothing I've ever seen before. We were assigned a butler who catered to our every need and all of the staff were warm and friendly. The infinity pool was our favorite. We loved taking the boat to the beach and lounging at one of the many pools. The waterpark was a huge hit with the kids and the view is so pretty I didn't even feel like i was at a park. We had a fabulous atay and I would go back again and again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel has the best view in the island. A great location if you want to do the rain forest and the bioluminescent bay. Services is good and you have access to the beautiful beach in the little island of Palomino. Not a great variety of restaurant inside the hotel but local places outside are really good.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marywil1
Reviewed April 8, 2013

First of all, this is a beautiful resort and my family was having a great stay until the last night. They have a resort policy of max 4 ppl per room and they would not bend on this even though our kids are young (one is a 2 year old). So we booked two rooms. I would basically take the toddler back to the other room at night to sleep.

On the last night of the trip, I went back to the room at night and found the room was clean but my belongings were gone. I had a few items (electric shaver, AA battery charger, dSLR charger, and a phone charge, toothbrush / toothpaste) and they were not in the room anymore. I called the front desk and they told me that they had checked my room out. They said that housekeeping claimed they only had found a toothbrush and nothing else which lead them to think the guests left.

Meanwhile, they never did anything to confirm this with my wife who was staying in another room with the other two kids.

Obviously, the missing belongings is disturbing but worse is that they could just check your room out on a whim that the guest is gone. The last I heard, they were still investigating what happened to my belongings. I was told that their policy would have been to put the belongings in lost and found but of course, it wasn't there.

Throughout this strange event, I found customer service lacking. I called several times and each time was told by someone that they'd get back to me. No one ever got back to me and after several calls, I ended up going to seek out management on my own.

They are in the process of reimbursing me for my lost stuff but we definitely will not be staying here again.

9  Thank Pak_Ki_So
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family stayed at Las Casitas for 6 nights. The property is beautiful and there was so much to do. Our personal butler contacted us before the trip to help make arrangements for activities, restaurant reservation and groceries in the room. The staff at Casitas was fantastic! We really enjoyed Palomino Island and found the ferries to be convenient and fast. One day at the waterpark was enough, but nice. Only a few drawbacks kept this from a 5-star review. The restaurants at Casitas and sister-hotel El Conquistador were disappointing. Even the "premier" Strip Steakhouse -- which was average, at best, but pricey. The Italian restaurant has a limited, boring menu and terrible atmosphere -- just a converted meeting room. We found several local restaurants that were much better and nicer ambiance, including the Station and Pasion. We were also surprised that "last call" in the adult bar was 10:30?! It was a weeknight, but -- hello, we are on vacation?! They also could improve drink/food service at the pools -- you basically had to go to the bar on your own. Highly recommend the resort, but go off-property for dinner.

Room Tip: If you stay at Casitas, ask to be in a room closer to El conquistador, as that is where most of the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice location, and beautiful resort overall but the service was the worst I've ever had and would not recommend to anyone unless you don't order drinks and food from anyone on vacation while lounging by a pool or on the beach and have no desire to be treated and serviced by a friendly, helpful staff while there. We will not be going back nor would I recommend to anyone.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
2  Thank Ellie J
ResortManagementTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Ellie J,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our resort. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the your pool side and beach experience - please rest assured that your comments will be shared with our management team and service professionals as we are always looking for ways to improve.

I am delighted to hear that you found the resort to be so beautiful!

I sincerely hope that you will reconsider an visit our resort again in the future.

Las Casitas Village
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My family stayed here for five nights after getting a great deal on Hotwire. Even though we booked through a third party, the casita we were given was beautiful! It was a guest room that was quite roomy and had a small kitchenette. There were two sets of French doors leading to a huge balcony with ocean and mountain views. The bathroom was quite large and was extremely clean. Housekeeping was also top notch.

The hotel pools and grounds were beautiful. The casita infinity pool was amazing! The view from there was one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. We visited Palomino Island twice and enjoyed it very much. It is about a fifteen minute ferry ride. The restaurant on the island was good and not overly priced. I also enjoyed the gift shops on the island. The stores at the main hotel weren't so great.

We only ate at the pool area restaurants for lunches and the food was good. We always went off-site for dinner. There are some good restaurants not too far from the resort.

My husband played golf and he said it was challenging and the course was very nice. The rates were a little high but consistent with other courses in Puerto Rico.

I would suggest staying at the Las Casitas instead of the main hotel. It is much quieter and very charming. It is a little longer walk to everything but not an issue for us. The only noise we heard at night were the coqui frogs!

You will not find a nicer resort to stay in Puerto Rico. We are so glad we chose this area. We stayed in San Juan for one night and did not care for it at all. We would love to return to Puerto Rico but only if we could stay at Las Casitas!

Room Tip: Call before you arrive and make any requests you have. Their customer service is fantastic!
1  Thank LONG3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fajardo
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico
Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve
Caribe Hilton San Juan
Caribe Hilton San Juan
#18 of 47 in San Juan

Been to Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!