We just returned from one of the best vacations we have ever had – staying in Fajardo, PR, at Las Casitas Villas. Our group consisted of two families traveling together from Mar 22 to Mar 29 with children ages 9 - 13. Here are our tips:
1. Room – We booked two garden view guestrooms initially with the Best of Waldorf promotion ($50 per day resort credit). We were luckily upgraded to a 3 bedroom, room 5600, at the end of the South Village for 3 nights which fit the 7 of us perfectly. The views were astounding from this room. However, the owners had booked the other nights so we moved back to our guestrooms for the rest of our one week stay. Room 5223 has a great view of the gardens whereas 5352 is less ideal as it faces the parking lot. Thank you to Wanda, Lily, and Blanca for assisting with the rooms.
2. Butlers – Thanks also to Juan Carlos and Eddie who were very helpful with luggage, recs, and water.
3. Transportation – We recommend renting a car (we had a minvan) so that you can go off site for groceries, restaurants, and touring.
4. On-site restaurants – We chose one restaurant (Stingray) for our special dinner based on other reviews and confirmed that the meal was scrumptious, yet pricey. The best breakfast buffet is at Las Brizas and is a great deal for the children (thanks to Jose for great service). The smoothies were refreshing at Iguanas on Palomino Island.
5. Off-site restaurants – Le Estacion (reservations recommended) and Varadero Seafood Grill (arrival at 5:30 pm or else expect a long wait) were close by. Don’t miss the banana empanada like dessert at Le Estacion!
6. On-site activities – Palomino Island is beautiful. Rent a floating device if you have children to get to the little island off Palomino. Bring water shoes as coral and sea urchins in the sand.
7. Off-site activities – El Yunque and Old San Juan are worthwhile day trips. Remember to look at lunar calendar and book well in advance for Biobay Tour. The week we went the moon was full so there were no good nights for the tour. However, the lovely moonlight made swimming at night and walking grounds very pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Casitas Village is an enclave of private villas that enjoy sweeping ocean views, fully equipped kitchens, personal concierges and butler service. Among many pleasures, enjoy an expansive waterpark, scuba dive, ride horseback, golf or choose from a renowned menu of soothing treatments at the Waldorf Astoria Spa. Las Casitas Village has long been known as the jewel of the Caribbean and has accumulated a list of prestigious awards and accolades including a 4-diamond rating by AAA. Welcome to Las Casitas Village, a Waldorf Astoria Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Casitas Village, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo