“Beautiful place -- would love to go back”

Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Fajardo
Reviewed March 25, 2008

I just returned from a 5 day stay at Las Casitas. My family of 5 and a friend's family of 5 stayed in a 3 bedroom villa (4 adults; 6 kids age 6-13). The villas are beautiful!!!! Very clean and spacious and we were upgraded to an ocean view at no extra charge. It is much quieter in the villas than the hotel and I would recommend staying there.
We did not use the hotel's transportation. Instead we used TM Transportation. The owner, Tony Mateo, is very professional. He was waiting for us in the baggage area and was instantly friendly and polite. We needed a large van to transport the 10 of us and he had a cooler of water, soda and local beer for us to enjoy. Although he is from NY he has lived in PR for 20 years and was a wealth of information. On the way back to the airport he drove us through Old San Juan to show us the sites. Since it was Good Friday, all of the stores were closed. The cost was $290 for all of us. I highly recommend this service.

We took full advantage of having a stocked kitchen Each family packed a suitcase of non-perishable foods (muffins, cereal bars; pop tarts; gold fish crackers; fruit roll-ups, etc.....) and then we sent in an order prior to our stay to have other food (meat; cheese; milk, etc...) in our refrig when we arrived. We ended up eating breakfast in the casita every morning; packed sandwiches and chips for lunch and made 3 dinners. We did eat dinner out near the marina one night....our bill for 10 people with tip was $185. The food was average and very expensive considering we only had burgers and cokes!!!!
The butler service was non-existent and, overall, the service is not that of a 5 star hotel. While everyone is very nice, they are not proactive in asking if you need anything. Our butler announced when we arrived that he would be off for the next 2 days. He said his partner would be able to help us but we never heard from him again. We finally saw them the night before we were leaving to see when he should come by to bring down our luggage. It would have been nice to be contacted each day to see if we needed anything.
The private island is very nice and was not crowded considering it was spring break/holy week. The boat to the island was easy to use and the kids really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, the island closed down for the remainder of our stay because Puerto Rico was experiencing 20 foot waves (first time in 45 years!!!). We brought a soft cooler of sandwhches, fruit and drinks to the island. Everyone seems to do this.
The water park is fun and I recommend only doing a half day. It is small with only 3 rides and a lazy river......I do not think it warrants a full day. We were able to bring our own snacks and drinks.
My husband and friend played golf and said the course was very nice with beautiful views. They brought their own shoes but rented clubs.
My friend and I used the spa and had a message. It was great!!!! You are able to use the spa amenities all day for no extra charge. Since we had 6 kids waiting for us, we only stayed for about 2 hours.
There are plenty of pools to choose from with the Infinity pool at the casitas being the prettiest.
I would definitely go back to this hotel even though the food and service are below par. The grounds are beautiful, the views are breathtaking and the casitas are worth the price. Next time I would rent a car and venture off the poroperty. I would have loved to taste Puerto Rican food -- which is non-existent at the hotel. I recommend this resort for families with kids. My kids loved it.

Stayed: March 2008
ResortManagementTeam, General Manager at Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Nytex,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with our TripAdvisor community. Though many years have passed I wanted to make sure we acknowledged you review. We are all delighted to learn that you enjoyed your villa and Palomino Island.

Las Casitas Village, a Waldorf Astoria Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (1,683)

Reviewed March 24, 2008

My family and I stayed at las casitas village for our 1st time. We come here alot, but usually stay in the main hotel. Both of my parents have special dietary needs, and our butlers Will and Manny were both amazing helpful. They recommened us restraunts, made reservations, and most of all they always had a smile on their faces. My sister and I both thought they were funny, and totally helpful. My family and I are going back in MAY!! and we requested Will and Manny again!
TRY IT OUT FOR YOUR SELF

Dear Frizzled89,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with our TripAdvisor community and for honoring us with your first review. Though many years have passed I wanted to make sure we acknowledged you review.

We also appreciated that you recognized your butlers Manny and Will. The butler service really sets Las Casitas Village apart and we are blessed to have such incredible employees.

Reviewed March 24, 2008

We just returned from a wonderful stay and experience at Las Casitas Village in Puerto Rico. We made our reservations through their website which was easy to do. We were later contacted by Ana Colon, a Personal Vacation Planner at the hotel, who sent us an e-mail with helpful guides to planning our arrival. Prior to the trip Ana was very helpful via e-mail in orienting us to the El Conquistador facility, provided restaurant suggestions and reservations, waterpark tickets and even personnally, took on a special food request we had by enlisting her Mom to make us some typical Puerto Rican food! Service can't get any better then that!!!

The property is large, so be prepared to walk and plan your activities. The pools are spectacular and numerous. The private island is absolutely beautiful and excellent for water sports. We have 2 small children and they had a blast snorkeling and swimming in clear emerald green waters.

We had breakfasts at Las Brisas restaurant and dinners a Blossoms and Othellos at the hotel. Food was excellent, but it was pricey. Reading other reviews we expected this so it wasn't a surprise. Transportation to and from the Village to the main hotel via golf-cart shuttle was fine, although I can see where this might be get cumbersome for some people or be problematic if the hotel is super crowded. Our villa was in the south Village of Las Casitas and although we did walk once to the main hotel, its all uphill and we only did it once.

I'd definitely recommend Las Casitas and we're certainly planning to go back. Given this experience I'd request a villa in the North Village to be a bit closer to the main hotel, and I'd better plan our menus and stock the villa to do breakfast in to conserve some dollars.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family

Dear PetePuma,

We are also grateful that you recognized Ana, our Vacation Planner. By the way she is still one of our valued team members.

Reviewed March 21, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for our wedding. Everything was great!!!!! It is a little expensive but it is a big beautiful resort. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? If you can't afford to pay a little extra for food and drinks you should stay in Puerto Rico anyway. Our butlers Eddie and Jose were terrific!!!!!! They were so great to have they made everything easier. Definitely as for them!!! There are really no complaints for this hotel at all!! All of our guests had a great time and they had no issues either. I am already making plans to spend our 1 year anniversary at Casitas. Feel free to email me if you have any questions!!

• Stayed: February 2008

Dear Mcjc08,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with our TripAdvisor community, it was an honor to have been the Resort selected for such as special occasions as your wedding. Though many years have passed I wanted to make sure we acknowledged you review.

We also appreciated that you recognized your butlers Eddie and Jose, whom made a difference during your stay.

All of us here are looking forward to welcoming you back...for that anniversary maybe!

Reviewed March 20, 2008

This is an oasis within an oasis. Las Casitas is perfect place for a family vacation. oy vacation. Spring Break, 6 kids, Aunt, Uncle, Grandma and my wife. They have butlers and staff that take care of everything. Manny Santiago and Wilfredo Carmona are tow good examples.

Dear JTMclean,

We so appreciated that you recognized those employees that made a difference during your stay. The butler service really sets Las Casitas Village apart and we are blessed to have team members such as Manny and Wilfredo.

Reviewed March 16, 2008

I spent a week at las casitas village and let me tell you, it was more than I expected. I was overjoyed with the idea of having my own personal butler service and enjoying the new facilities that the property had to offer. My butlers names were Pablo and Jeffrey whom helped me with reservations and appointments, they were fabulous. I enjoyed the calm and serenitive Golden door spa and even went to the highly recommended rain forest. Not to mention I felt like a kid again when I enjoyed the water park. I do recommend this resort not only because of the facilities, but by the great service provided by the staff. Keep up the good work!!!!

• Stayed: February 2008

Dear Vivid_Traveler,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with our TripAdvisor community. Though many years have passed I wanted to make sure we acknowledged you review. We so appreciated that you pointed out the great service you received from your butlers Pablo and Jeffrey.

We look forward to welcoming you back if you have not visited us since then.

Reviewed March 13, 2008

My family and I had the pleasure of staying at Las Casitas Village. Since the moment we arrived we felt amazed with the beautiful property. We fell in love with our ocean view casitas villa which had a pool just a few feet away. The staff members were friendly, specially our butlers Jeffrey and Pablo, whom went out of there way to make us feel welcome right from the start. We are looking foward to our next stay and we will be requesting them again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family

Dear hurley108,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with our TripAdvisor community. Though many years have passed I wanted to make sure we acknowledged you review. We so appreciated that you pointed out the great service you received from your butlers Jeffrey and Pablo.

We look forward to welcoming you back if you have not visited us since then.

Las Casitas Village, a Waldorf Astoria Resort

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fajardo
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico
W Retreat & Spa - Vieques Island
W Retreat & Spa - Vieques Island
#2 of 6 in Isla de Vieques
El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!