We just got back from a weeklong vacation (my husband, teenage son & myself).
There were plenty of good things about Las Casitas- which many others have posted on TA.
The few disappointing aspects were-
We arrived at 1 PM, and we're hoping our room would be ready early, but it wasn't ready until 4:15 PM. We weren't given any info as to when we could expect it to be ready so went to get lunch at one of their restaurants & thought by the time we got back to the office it would be ready, but it still wasn't. We walked around hoping we would get called at any minute but when 4:00 came- I stood in the office while 2 other families checked in& got their rooms. I asked if she could give us another room & she said "not at your room level". So I guess if you book a garden view & it's not ready- don't expect a pool view, just expect to wait...
Our room was freezing which was great but we did need another blanket for our son, we called housekeeping early one evening & waited & waited.... 3 phone calls & we finally got one a few hours later.
Be aware - It takes forever to walk across the hotel grounds (& 2 elevators) to get to the ferry, which you may wait a half hour for if your timing isn't right.
Make sure to bring or buy some kind of water shoe for the beach because it has lots of coral on the bottom. Also you can't bring any drinks with you to Palomino Island so the cup of coke for my son was around $5.
All in all it is beautiful, the people friendly & hard working but probably won't go back to Las Casitas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Casitas Village is an enclave of private villas that enjoy sweeping ocean views, fully equipped kitchens, personal concierges and butler service. Among many pleasures, enjoy an expansive waterpark, scuba dive, ride horseback, golf or choose from a renowned menu of soothing treatments at the Waldorf Astoria Spa. Las Casitas Village has long been known as the jewel of the Caribbean and has accumulated a list of prestigious awards and accolades including a 4-diamond rating by AAA. Welcome to Las Casitas Village, a Waldorf Astoria Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Vacatia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Casitas Village, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo