“Best meal we had in Farjardo”
Review of Di Yukas

Di Yukas
Ranked #7 of 104 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: White and clean property decorated in a minimalistic and modern style with a spectacular view of the sea, the island of Palominos, and other small islands of the east side of Puerto Rico. A little deck outside is available for those who prefer the sun and the natural breeze.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great food, great service. Highly recommend it. If staying at the ELCon, get off the resort and go here.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Highly recommended by our hotel staff at Fajardo Inn, we loved this place! They took 12 of us with only 30-minutes notice, and every one of us had a fantastic meal. From the skirt steak, the scallops, the various mofongo dishes, the delicious appetizers, to the Sangria and piña coladas. The service from Ronald and all the staff was superb! Every few minutes during our meal, someone would exclaim "OMG, you have to try this!" And sure enough, it was great. Highly recommend Di Lukas!

1  Thank ewh410
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We came here based on the amazing reviews on tripadvisor. I don't know if they were talking about a different Di Yukas, but our experience was so horrible I feel they can't possibly be the same place. But they are.

Service was horrendous - our waiter was named Ronald (I think) and all I can think is that he forgot to put our order in, because we waited an hour, an HOUR for our appetizers, which were the best part of the meal. We ordered yucca fritters and beef rolls. Then again, after an hour we were so hungry that they might've just tasted like the best thing we'd ever eaten.

While waiting for our entrees (an hour plus after we arrived), Ronald brought out some arepas with butter "on him." They were good and hot, but it was pretty much just bread and butter. We realized after the fact that that probably should have arrived sooner? We were just confused.

By the time the entrees arrived we wolfed them down as quickly as possible and looked for a check. Never did our server apologize for the wait or offer any explanation. And they kept turning people away when they had a ton of empty tables that never got sat (and we know this to be true, because we were there for two hours, and that is not being dramatic). When tables around us did get sat, their food seemed to come at some sort of normal pace, which at that point we found hilarious/annoying, so something definitely went awry with our meal. What that was, I suppose we'll never know.

As for the food - the catch of the day, grouper, was solid, the arroz mamposteao a bit dry. I ordered the scallops (cause I absolutely love scallops) and while the first two were fine, the third was so rubbery I spit it out and lost my appetite for the rest of the meal. The creamed spinach was pretty good, but heavy. I ordered the "yucca gnocchi" as my side and it was way too dense, avoid this one and go safe with yucca frita or tostones. The arroz con coco sounded good too. But I admit by the time the food came, with no explanation as to what was going on, we were already over it and considered just getting everything to go. We spent two hours and way too much money for a horrible experience. At the end the server weakly offered an after dinner drink, but no apology, and as we're not big drinkers and it was way later than it should've been, we needed to get back to our condo. It's clear Di Yuka is trying to do something creative and "modern," but nail down the basics, like service and pacing, before you get fancy with plating.

I don't know what went wrong here tonight, but something definitely did. Without a doubt our worst dining experience in Fajardo. We don't mind a leisurely paced meal, and we've embraced the laid back speed of things, but this took that code to a whole 'nother level. For Di Yuka's sake, I'm hoping our experience was a fluke (not a fish they serve, nyuk), but it was so disappointing I have to get it out there. Dine at your own risk.

1  Thank Jayne D
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

The food was amazing and the server Freddie was even better. Highly recommend this restaurant when you visit Fajardo! Very close to La casitas resort!

1  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed July 28, 2014

It was an Amazing experience. Great food and service. Freddie was our waiter and he is so nice. A restaurant that you have to visit when you´re around Fajardo, Puerto Rico.

1  Thank Sonia R