New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Di Yukas

Di Yukas
Ranked #2 of 95 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Seafood, Sushi, Puerto Rican, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: White and clean property decorated in a minimalistic and modern style with a spectacular view of the sea, the island of Palominos, and other small islands of the east side of Puerto Rico. A little deck outside is available for those who prefer the sun and the natural breeze.
New York City, New York
“Don't let the looks fool you.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is another restaurant that has great food great drinks and great prices.You can get some good food here Dinner for four soup to nuts drinks salad main course and desert for $140.You can't beat that with a stick pal,and I mean good chow too.

Visited January 2013

“Above average food and nice view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have visited a couple of times, both times on Sundays for lunch (they open at 1pm). Food is definitely above average. The mofongo was real good. The place is small (and the tables kind of close to each other) but if you go early it probably won't be busy. Service is kind of slow but friendly. The food is worth it. Probably my favorite spot in Fajardo. Definitely more menu options than La Estacion and less formal than Pasion por el Fogon.

• Visited January 2013
Stamford, Connecticut
“The view- amazing, The food - wonderful!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was my favorite meal during this trip to Puerto Rico. The food was excellent and there was a variety on the menu. Go before sunset and sit outside to see the amazing view.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Best restaurant in Fajardo.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have been to probably most if not all of the best restaurants in Fajardo. This is clearly my new favorite.

First of all, the service was incredible. Our waiter Ronaldo did a great job of making us feel welcomed and happy. He made good menu suggestions, made us laugh and even brought me a free drink after my first one ( piña colada ) didnt have enough alcohol.

The taste of my mofongo stuffed with shrimp was incredible. One of the best mofongos ive had. The chef Felix did a great job and in the end he came to our table to ask about our experience. You can tell they where really concerned about the customer satisfaction.

My table had the pescado con yuca appetizer and it had amazing taste. It came with a really good sauce and I would suggest anyone who comes visit to have it. Im definetly coming back with some friends to have an enjoyable dinner while we look at the ocean.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Pleasant Surroundings & Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had dinner recently at Di Yukas and thoroughly enjoyed it. We started with their excellent Mixed Lemon-Lime Ceviche and Caribe beer. A great combination and the Ceviche was very well done.

For my main, I had a whole Red Snapper with Tostones and my wife had the Green Platain Pescado Mofongo. The Snapper was moist and fresh from the fryer as were the Tostones. I ate every morsel of the fish, including the crisp tail. The Mofongo was less successful for our taste as the Platain was quite bland though the fish was very good.

We were given a surprise "Coconut Dream"(?) (a shot glass of dark rum with a bit of whipped cream and shaved coconut) while we waited for our vanilla ice cream sundae with fresh toasted yucca chips and whipped cream. Both were excellent and the yucca chips were still warm and worth the wait.

The restaurant was quiet when we went there. As noted in other reviews, the kitchen operates on its own time. The mains came out shortly after we received the ceviche, however the chef came out to ask how our dinner was and also said goodbye to us when we left. The view is nice, though we did not eat outside.

• Visited January 2013