“Great crew, mediocre dive”

Casa del Mar Scuba Diving
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The staff at the dive center was first class and the captain and crew on the boat were great and did everything they could to make the dives pleasant and event free. The dives themselves were poor by our standards. Discolored coral and below average variety of marine life. If you are just learning, I would not hesitate to go. It is decent visibility with safe depths and good reef life if you have not experienced it.

Like mentioned in other posts, have flexibility in your schedule because they will not go with less than 4 divers. The gave us a full days notice that our dive would not make but that the next day would and we were able to adjust our schedule accordingly.

We are a little spoiled, having dove Belize, Panama, and Thailand. If you are experienced, save your money and go to the wall in Parguera instead.

3  Thank AustinGolfandScuba

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We booked 2 tank dives for 2 different days here well in advance of our arrival. Both scheduled days were cancelled. If you are going to dive here make sure you have flexability in your schedule!
My sister and I finally did get to dive. One day we had 2 moring dives and another in the afternoon. The last dive was a 2 tank morning dive.
Everyone from the staff was very friendly. The office manager, Maria, was a delight and made us feel very welcome and appreicated.
I rented my dive equipment and everything was very new and nice. The boat was also very nice.
We enjoyed the 2 tank dive on our last day here the best. Saw the most fish on these days. The captain Richard, and Dive masters Nick and Omar were great.

1  Thank gk681
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I can say enough this was one of the best experiences of my life. From the beginning, the Crew was awesome they took care of everything all you have to do is have fun. My husband and I did the snorkeling at Culebra Island / entire day trip. They offered refreshments the entire time and snack with lunch. The captain even serves you! He was so kind! They take you to 3 coral reef areas that you can explore at your own leisure. Beautiful Experience! The price was so worth it!!

2  Thank BEdwin2
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The dive was OK. But the office staff was terrible. On our first day they had us booked for the afternoon when we were supposed to be diving on the morning. Lucky there were still slots. On the second day they forgot to tell us that we had been moved to the following day due to a charter that booked the boat all day. We had a flight that made it impossible for us to change and the counte staff did not care at all. Ruined trip.

1  Thank Crj2111
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Excellent - small dive shop. 4 dive masters and the captain for 11 divers on our first trip. Some of the divers were going through their open water certification dives. Staff did everything for us with respect to our equipment. Nice to be taken care of that way on a dive even though I still go through all my routine safety checks. Dive sites are typical PR. We did a sandy bottom wall dive known as Big Rock Little Rock and El Diablo on the second dive. Not a lot of schooling activity or vibrant colors on the wall dive. If you slow it down and pay attention to the little things, plenty of different things will still appear. El Diablo had schooling activity, turtles, and rays.
We returned two days later and booked a snorkeling excursion off Lobos island. We saw rays, schooling activity, and what I believe is some type of sea centipede. Coolest discovery I have made snorkeling or diving. Urchins, rainbow fish, parrot fish, rock fish. Reef does have some damage. Not sure if it's storm related but still well worth the trip. I will be returning and using this shop in a few weeks that should speak for itself!!!!

1  Thank Rubemeyer