“Ferry service to Vieques”
Review of Fajardo Ferry

Fajardo Ferry
Ranked #16 of 30 things to do in Fajardo
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Th $2 price for the ferry tickets is a good deal, but trying to purchase the tickets, leaves a lot to be desired. The announcements are in spanish so if you don't speak the language, it can be somewhat confusing and choatic. The officers were rude and seem to pointlessly shuffle people around. Being in law enforcement, I found this highly disappointing as they clearly were not there to help people. However, I've always wanted to go to Vieques and being that I was traveling with my family of 5, this was an inexpensive way to get there. The ride to and from the island is fine. Note: the locals take priority in that they let them board first. Also, I was advised the ferries run on "Puerto Rican time" which I found out means...they run late. If you don't mind a little effort and can go with the flow, the ferry is the way to go.

1  Thank Carrieski
There are newer reviews for Fajardo Ferry

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Hi all! I booked a kayaking trip for a Culebra visit so the company had already purchased our tickets in advance for the kayaking group. So the day of our trip to the island we just showed up at dock found our guide they gave us our tickets for the ferry and just stood inline till it was time to board the ferry.
We had an enjoyable ferry ride. Our guide did tell us that were had been lucky to get the rolls royce of the ferry's, we traveled on the Cayo Blanco!

1  Thank smileinthesand
Reviewed July 22, 2014

What a shame this leaves on PR Tourism. Culebra is a must visit and the beaches are breathtaking. But the Ferry service is a nightmare..On July 15, we were on line at 4:45 am and there were approx. 100 people in front waiting for ticket booth to open at 7am, which really opend a little before 8, for 9am departure..By that time the line snaked around the corner. We got soacked like 3 times because we couldn't leave the line. Rude officers kept moving people around. What I noticed is that some people pay off others in front to buy their tickets which there is no limit, so of course by the time I thought I was going to be able to buy ours they stopped selling them. On line for 5 hours of total agravation...There is a so-called reservation office around the corner but no one is ever there and forget about calling for info. If you are able to plan ahead I suggest you buy tickets a couple of days in advance, order the tickets online or take a small plane. Something must be done to improve this horrible service and permit private boat owners to service travelers...Flamenco beach is beautiful and I was fortunate to visit a few years ago but it was a couple of days after storm Irene..which was empty. The ferry ride is a hilight itself and the restaurants are pretty good but most of the streets are rundown. I wasnt that lucky this time..but we didnt waste the day and drove to another beautiful location and had a great time...

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Always on time; fast and very efficient! At first I dreaded the ferry to the beach each time but it only takes 10 minutes so it was no big deal and actually very unique, fun and restful!

1  Thank suzeqt26
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We took the Fajardo ferry to Vieques Island. The only irritating factor was the queue for tickets. Because the queue for Culebra was longer, this queue was sorted first and we had to wait for about an hour to be served even if we were there earlier.

The rest of the trip was better even if the air-conditioners are set to freeze your insides (typical of Puerto Rico), it was all good and the price was only $2!

Worth It.