“Fun ride”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun ride”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

So glad my parents new a resident and did the line for us otherwise we would've never done the line. You must get there extremely early. Very cheap to take the ferry compare to Boston where we pay $90 to go to Provincetown.

• Finnish first
Houston
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“The place has no customer service at all, horrible experience!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

To buy a ticket to Culebra was the nightmare of my visit. I stood in line since 3:00 in the morning to buy a ticket for the 9:00 am ferry. Total chaos hundredths of people trying to get to Culebra. I must say I tried calling trom the States but of course no one answers the line. I tried to fly with Air Flamneco and Viequez Air but there was no availability so my only option was the ferry which is cheap only 9 dollars for two roundrip tickets. When I finally made it to the ticket window the clerk refused to sell me a ticket for the return ticket, I was livid and super upset to my luck a camera man from the local tv station started filming me and that was when I got my purchase for round trip tickets. I was told very blunt that the ferry was for the use of islanders not tourism. No customer service skills and really they can care less. Once on the ferry very short sail, like forty five minutes and then you reach paradise Flamenco beach!The air service to Culebra is only 88.00 per passenger round trip. If your want to take the ferry be ready for the experience of a lifetime just to buy a ticket!

1 Thank vhamnett
Montgomery, Alabama
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Waste of a perfectly good vacation day...”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Silly us, after using ferries all over the world we thought the ferry system here would be no different... Wrong assumption! Had heard lines could get long (guess they haven't heard of the online reservation systems the airlines have been using for the last 30 or so years) so we thought we'd go around 10AM to buy a ticket for the 1PM ferry: Line was already formed but office was closed till noon. After waiting in line until 1:30pm (ferry was late, what a surprise), when it was finally our turn and after they had manually counted out how many people they had sold tickets for the 1pm ferry, they told us they ran out of room and we'd have to wait until the 4:30PM ferry. The trip itself was actually nice, as it was a beautiful day and a big stable ferry. We bought round trip tickets so we thought we were safe for our return trip... bad assumption again... Our return trip was scheduled for a 3PM ferry so we thought we'd go back to the main town around noon and have lunch while we waited. However, our taxi driver told us he'd heard they were going to cancel the 3pm ferry (no announcement made on their website) so it would be better for us to try to get on the 1230 ferry which he heard was going to be the last one for that day. We got lucky as we were the last two passengers to be allowed on board after the supervisor manually counted all the passengers that had boarded. Who knows how many people with tickets for the later ferry got stranded that day! Next time we're flying to Vieques!

1 Thank MojorisingMG
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Awful And miserable”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Awful!!! Total chaos..waited in line for tickets for 2 hours then another hour standing in the boarding line While extremely loud music was playing, people wandering around aimlessly while police and security stood around as if they were paralyzed and unable to manage any organization whatsoever.

Then The long hour Ferry ride to The Island.

a total Waste of 4 hours!!

My advise.., take The plane from ceiba to Vieques

1 Thank Hward327
London, United Kingdom
“Not worth a day trip”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Got there 8am, before the ticket office opened for the first ferry. Ended up waiting on line until 3pm because they only have ~3 ferries a day to service an extraordinary number of people. And for some reason they won't sell you tickets until an hour before the boat leaves so we couldn't buy a ticket, leave, and come back.

Buy a plane ticket. The boat price isn't worth the hassle.