“Great place!”

Ranked #4 of 104 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Chops Steakhouse, is a fine addition to the dining options at El Conquistador Resort. The seductive atmosphere and innovative menu excite all the senses. Private dining rooms are also available for a more exclusive dining experience.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Wonderful food! Nicely decorated and very quiet. The service was great! I had steak (of course!) and it was cooked perfectly. The sides and desert were equally as amazing! I would go there again without hesitation!

There are newer reviews for Chops Steakhouse

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We ate at Strip House for our New Year's Day dinner after reviewing their menu. The decor is amazing - the restaurant has a very dark, lush, old Hollywood feel to it. The food was great - we split the mixed greens salad (excellent), I had the scallops (very good), and my wife had the filet (perfect) and the creamed spinach (the best part of the meal!).

The odd thing was the service. Within the first 10 minutes of sitting down we had no fewer than 3 waiters introduce themselves as our waiter. Then, despite the over-attention, we had long waits for drinks, to order, and to have our food delivered. Definitely not service that lives up to the prices they are charging.

Overall we had a fine experience. If you're staying at the Waldorf it's worth checking out, but don't go out of your way to dine here.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Great food - and a good choice at El Con.

Service was good, and food quality was high.

We had a problem with our table - right under the air conditioning - and our waiter and the manager quickly whisked us to another.

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

All the dishes were served just as ordered, and the staff was more than willing to make changes to the dishes to suit your tastes. I had the shrimp cocktail to start, which came in their own homemade shrimp cocktail sauce. Excellent. For the main course I had a local favorite "El Pilón" with chicken. The mofongo tasted great. It was served in a large wooden bowl, and the serving was so large I could not finish it. I finished my meal with the white chocolate Creme brûlée, which is shown in the pictures. All the other desserts were also ordered by my family that night. The key lime pie was big enough for two, and a HALF slice of the chocolate cake was large enough for three people.

If you don't mind the expensive pricing, this is definitely the best restaurant at the El Conquistador Resort.

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Went with my family, the fondue is excellent as well as the prime rib and filet. The service was excellent; a little slow but excellent. I would recommend this restaurant.