“When you hanker for a steak”
Review of Chops Steakhouse

Chops Steakhouse
Ranked #4 of 104 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Chops Steakhouse, is a fine addition to the dining options at El Conquistador Resort. The seductive atmosphere and innovative menu excite all the senses. Private dining rooms are also available for a more exclusive dining experience.
Reviewed November 3, 2012

After numerous nights of seafood, we decided we needed some moo. In one of the more bizarre nights, when we got here their wine inventory was almost entirely depleted. So much so, they actually allowed us to tour the wine cellar for what was left. Their mistake as my wife and I are amateur wine snobs. We found a lone Ares cabernet sauvignon which they charged us retail price for (~$180 and confirmed the price online. Welcome to smart phones). Considering the ridiculous markup on their own list and other restaurants, that's a steal. In addition, we got the full decanting service from the sommelier (not unexpected given the price of the wine).

Our filets were ok. Not bad but not noteworthy either (although strangely awesome when combined with an out of this world wine). The cream spinach was also quite good.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

it took 40 min to get drinks. Food came out at different times and the manager was worthless. Never got some of the items ordered.

1  Thank woof2you
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I and our three children (12,11,10) loved this restaurant do much we ate there twice during our vacation at Las Casitas. Danielle was the best. Be sure to order the chateaubriand and Sword Fish.

2  Thank luxtravelers5
Reviewed August 12, 2012

For the price of this dinner, I felt that the meal should have been worth it, but it wasn't. We went to many other restaurants around fajardo that were far superior for less money (including passion, di yukas, stingray). I have never ordered a filet mignon and been as dissatisfied as this time. I ordered my filet medium, while my boyfriend ordered his new York strip medium rare. My piece of filet was raw in the center and my boyfriends steak was cooked more thoroughly. Go figure? I know I could have sent the steak back, but I really am not the type to ever send food back to the kitchen. The mashed potatoes were excellent. Crime brûlée was amazing. Service was also excellent. But for a steak place, come on, the cook of the meat needs to improve.

1  Thank Ctyler706
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Dinner was ok, definitely no where near NY quality steakhouse. Baked potato was OK. Staff bends over backwards to serve and please. Dessert portions were insane and delicious, skip the coffee and go downstairs at Starbucks.

1  Thank Valentibruno