“Good breakfasts, disappointing lunches”

Golden Sweet Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Fajardo
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Good breakfasts, disappointing lunches. Empanadas were dry and unexciting. I would go there again for breakfast but not lunch.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Quick Facts: Very clean w/ clean bathrooms -- $4 to $7 meals -- Diner type menu -- easy to find -- great pastries

My wife and I stopped here after missing the ferry to Culebra. (Get in line at least 2 hrs before the ferry departs) I ordered an omelet and my wife ordered a burger. Food was similar to what you might get at a diner in the states. The staff was very friendly but did forget a few of the items we had ordered. We reminded them and the apologized and brought our food out right away.

The real treat about this place is the pastries and churros. My wife and I each got a churro and they come out piping hot. Crunch on the outside and slightly gooey on the inside. We also couldn't leave without picking up a huge coconut cookie for later. Without the desserts the diner would have been 4 stars, but the desserts bumps it to the 5 star realm.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Nice little eatery in Fajardo. Has good sandwiches. I got the empanadas....stick to the beef one. Chicken and spinach were ok. Sandwiches were good. They make their own bread and it is really good. To end the meal get churros. These are incredible! Made fresh as you order. Never had them this soft. Get the one stuffed with Bavarian cream. Really inexpensive.

Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

We stopped on our way back from fajardo ferry we had pineapple turnover pastel de Guyava and coconut cookie the size of a football and some drinks $7 and all were good but the cookie was the best I have ever had

Reviewed July 26, 2012

While in PR we stood at the resort which breakfast can be so expensive. We heard about this Local Bakery and decide to try it out. WOW!!! Amazing pastries and breakfast items. You can get all the Local Puerto Rican breads and pastries at this establishment. Prices are such a value. Breakfast sandwiches are delish! For a family of 4 we would pay 19.00 total for breakfast. That included coffee and pancakes etc. Definitely a must while in Fajardo to try.