“If you enjoy Food from the Freezer this is your place!”

Star Fish Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 104 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Caribbean
Description: Star Fish Restaurant is located on the grounds of The Fajardo Inn. When you just feel like taking a short stroll to have an elegant dining experience, Star Fish is the restaurant for you. You have the choice of dining inside or outside on the veranda overlooking the pool, as well as our gardens. It is truly a delight. One of our Chef’s will create one of their specialty dishes, undoubtedly with a Puerto Rican and Caribbean influence.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

That rest. It’s supposed to be a Mesones of Puerto Rica chain, so they are approved by the government as authentic Puertorrican restaurants. After looking for different places to eat, we ended up at the Hotel Restaurant. They actually have 2, Iguanas and Starfish. We only try the Starfish one on Friday. They gave us a table but didn’t give us any menus until 10-15 min passed since we were seated. I ordered Breaded Shrimps with Cassave Mofongo (Mofongo de Yuca). My wife got some Yaucana chicken breast with rise (arroz mamposteao). After waiting for almost 30 min. they came up with our plates (the rest was almost full so the 30 min. wait did not bother us at all). But here come the GOOD PART (pure sarcasm here). My plate was COLD as COLD YOU GET! My mofongo feel like it was taken out of the freezer. When the waitress or manage don’t really know who he was, came up to me I told him to touch my plate, so he can feel how cold my plate was. He decided to take out my plate to warm over again. After waiting for most than 20-25 min I went up to him again and told him to cancel my plate. I was furious. They gave us some nachos, but I did not want any nachos. They even went on to offer some desserts, but I was in NO mood for a dessert. We figured it out, that they cook like 20 or 30 mofongos and put them on the fridge so they can reheat the food when ordered. That no FRESH FOOD from, If I wanted reheat food I would go to Chili’s or Applebee’s. If you want a really good Puerto Rican food in Fajardo, GO ELSEWHERE but avoid the Starfish rest!!!

1  Thank alextm21

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Food was hit and miss. Appetizers were above average. Drinks were great.

1980s hotel Decor is ugly.

Service was great and banquet room very private and convenient for a group with private stereo system.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great food and a great selection. We had some local dishes that tasted like Mama used make and had a variety that would please anyone, including kids. Their seafood is wonderful with great presentation and flavors. A bit pricey, but this is a 5 Star restaurant and the service was superb!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This restaurant serve sea food & puerto rico local food . located within Fajardo inn hotel . I am not big fan of hotel restaurant , but we were tired and this was the only option without driving around .
The service is very good and the waiter was very friendly .
food from the other hand was awful , we ordered: BBQ chicken as appetizers was over cooked . as main course : pork chops with fried plantain and steak with rice and bean -both too salty and overcooked. hardly edible . The kitchen was preparing to close so we did not bother to changed the dishes .
Bottom line: Not good value , We would not come back.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We ate here a few times because we were staying at the hotel and it was convenient. The first breakfast we had was eggs Benedict, the eggs nicely cooked, the potatoes were a hash brown patty like the one from mcdonalds. The coffee tasted burnt. The staff were friendly but not fast. Island time seemed to be the theme, that was okay with us since we were on vacation.The next time we ordered take out to eat in our room for dinner. I ordered a cheeseburger for my daughter that was burnt on one side and dry as a bone. We also had a salad and pork chop with passionfruit sauce, that was 2 pork chops, paper thin that were dropped in the deep fryer and cooked beyond recognition. We also had a king crab salad that was inedible, it was over cooked and dry and taste like cardboard soaked in lemon juice. That, we just put the top back on and put in garbage. We did not have much for dinner that night and were left still hungry. The salad was not very nice as well but we were happy just to eat something fresh from the vegetable department since finding good food in farjardo was altogether hard.