“Great thrill ride not for little kids”

Mini Boat Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
4 Passenger Mini Boat Snorkel Safari
Ranked #1 of 57 Tours in Fajardo
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the Snorkeling adventure of a lifetime as you pilot your own 40 horse power inflatable MINI BOAT in an excursion across the uninhabited cays and stunning beaches off Fajardo, Puerto Rico's eastern coast!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 27, 2013

A great adventure for the price. The ride is bumpy but that is expected since you are in the middle of the ocean during most of the trip. Lot's of fun driiving the boats and the staff and guides were great. The islands we visited were manificent and the whole experience was worth it.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"granola bars"
"open ocean"
in 15 reviews
"pirates of the caribbean"
in 20 reviews
in 22 reviews
"fruit cup"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was probably our favorite activity on our trip to PR! The speed boat ride was definitely bumpy, but that is to be expected on the ocean. These boats are not yachts, so do not expect a super smooth ride. This was a great adventure. The guides were friendly, knowledgeable, & helpful. You will be fine with no boating experience. They tell you exactly how to drive the boat & are around if you need any help. The ride back to the marina is much smoother than the ride out. The snorkeling was fantastic. The coral reefs are beautiful with all their tropical fish. I grew up in Texas, so I had never seen beaches or reefs like that. They also have plenty of snacks & water. A fun fact... The second island you will go to is called Palominitos, where they filmed part of Pirates of the Caribbean 4. There are always random, scattered showers on the mainland in PR, but I would check the weather before this one. Small rain is tolerable (it rained on us on the way back), but a straight up storm sounds terrible. Wonderful experience, would definitely do this again! You can book online, but don't have to pay until you get there. Pay with credit cards, cash, or check.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had the best time! I think the highlight was going to Palominos Island, I grew up on the Gulf and never felt sand like that. The water is beautiful, the speed boat was bumppy but you're in the elements so it's to be expected. Before the trip our guide instructed us how to handle the rough water and make the ride more comfortable. This is a speed boat not a luxury yacht... Our guides Lucas and Angel were top notch, Angel was right at the side of my spouse who was having trouble snorkling and had a panic attack. Can't say enough about the way both Lucas and Angel handled a tense situation. We will do the trip again the next time we are in PR!!!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This tour would have been fun if the weather had not been so bad. We were thrown about in the boat on the way out to the island fighting the perfect storm. I am writing this the day after the excursion with several bruises and a sore body. The snorkeling sights were nice but it was raining and the water was rough then as well. Check the weather before you do this tour because they will go out in any weather.

1  Thank UWBadgers2000
Kayaking_PR, Owner at Mini Boat Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Reviewers,

My name is Percy Rier, co-owner of Kayaking Puerto Rico. We are very sorry to hear that this guest had such an unpleasant experience on their excursion, and that they were left feeling sore afterwards. The Mini Boat excursion is a bumpy tour, but is certainly not meant for anyone to leave with bumps and bruises. Since I did not get the opportunity to speak to this guest, I do hope that they read this review to receive my most sincere apology.

Weather in the tropics is highly unpredictable. There have been many times that we have canceled an excursion due to a bad forecast for it to then turn out to be a beautiful day. On the same note, there have been many times that the forecast calls for acceptable weather and we are surprised half way through the excursion with unexpected winds and choppy seas. We use all the imaginable resources to make the best weather determination possible, but sometimes despite our best efforts we may be surprised with unexpected conditions.

I would like to assure all readers that if at any time we find an excursion unsafe to go out we would most definitely cancel. From January 1st 2013 to date we have cancel 104 excursions (not to be confused by boats or guests). Based on those numbers, along with the many reviews posted, I would believe our company to be quite a reputable organization.

It is our most sincere desire that all KPR guests have the absolute best experience possible when they go out on a trip with us. If in the future you as our guest feel your excursion did not go as planned, or feel as if we were irresponsible in any way, please feel free to contact us directly. We are very empathetic with our guests and we will never refuse to recognize a mistake just for the sake of keeping a few more "bucks"; we care way more than that.

I appreciate you taking the time to read our management response. Please feel free to contact me at any time should you have any questions or concerns regarding this review.

Always at your service,

Percy Rier
Kayaking Puerto Rico

See more reviews
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was one of the best things we did in Puerto Rico ! The team is gracious and friendly and our tour guides were very good. This is for anyone who likes a little bit adventure. Kids ? Am not sure as the boat ride is bumpy. All in all we had a blast and I will recommend it to anyone visiting Puerto Rico ! Snorkeling is the highlight of this tour ! The equipment is of good quality and it is perfectly safe for anyone who knows how to swim. Those who cannot swim - no problem ! They have life jackets and floating devices that won't let you go down and will keep you comfortable in the water ! Also the guides are always around incase you need some help ! Puerto Rico would be incomplete without this experience !!