“Best local rest in town!” 5 of 5 bubbles

El Racar Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 103 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Seafood, Puerto Rican, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Fajardo
“Best local rest in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I'm a local a nd I have been going to Racar, since I was teenager. I have traveled all over Puerto Rico and I can guarantee in Racar you will have the best mofongo filled with conch you will ever have. The prices are very good and is what locals do and eat, don't miss out on this traditional dish.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Yilmalia S

New York City, New York
“Local spot under el conquistador easy lunch spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Went here with 9 family members- including 5 young kids-service was spotty but prob due more to us having no idea what to do upon arriving- little intimidating not being a local- that said it was game on once we settled in-(live a little and get out of the tourist trap) we had fried pork (little fatty)and rice and beans - kids had chicken fingers (shocker) then we ordered a bunch of different filled empanadas which were delicious - washed down with homemade sangria and topped off with local made hot sauces - was a great find and value after getting killed in our overpriced hotel- u can walk from the Marina (about half an easy ocean front mile- through the medal gates the opposite direction of the water park- just keep following the ocean to you see a not so spectacular outdoor bar looking beach dive on the opposite side of the street- (next to a really amazing upscale local restaurant kasavista- best seafood soup I have ever had) worth the trip and the following day try the place a little further down (with white awning) next restaurant down we heard that was even better - enjoy

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank rpost334
Wisconsin
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife and I rented a car in San Juan and just randomly drove to the eastern part of the island. We happened upon El Racar and decided to give it a try. I had the mofongo and my wife had seafood. The food was tasty and well prepared. During our stay, we were the only people speaking English. The open air seating added to the ambiance.

• Visited May 2013
Devon, Pennsylvania
“outdoor seating, bug spray provided!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

the best red snapper and octopus salad, really fun local ambience, and they had bug spray for us to use for free (thank goodness)

Visited May 2013
“Visit this restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

If you stay at El Conquistador, make sure you visit this restaurant. It is close--less than a 10 minute walk from the marina area of the hotel. It's a simple, open-air restaurant but the food is well prepared and fresh.

I went with a group of 7--adults and children--and the bill was $100 for all of us--and the adults had drinks. I ordered the shrimp mofongo--a huge portion of mofongo with delicious, fresh shrimp, cooked perfectly. And a side salad! My sons has ribs and chicken and both were good. The sangria is worth trying. The fried plantains served as a side were also a treat. Service is good. The cook prepares generous portions. We got so much food, we didn't have room for dessert. Even though the restaurant ambiance is simple, I gave it a five because the food is so good.

• Visited April 2013