“Local spot under el conquistador easy lunch spot”

El Racar Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 105 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Went here with 9 family members- including 5 young kids-service was spotty but prob due more to us having no idea what to do upon arriving- little intimidating not being a local- that said it was game on once we settled in-(live a little and get out of the tourist trap) we had fried pork (little fatty)and rice and beans - kids had chicken fingers (shocker) then we ordered a bunch of different filled empanadas which were delicious - washed down with homemade sangria and topped off with local made hot sauces - was a great find and value after getting killed in our overpriced hotel- u can walk from the Marina (about half an easy ocean front mile- through the medal gates the opposite direction of the water park- just keep following the ocean to you see a not so spectacular outdoor bar looking beach dive on the opposite side of the street- (next to a really amazing upscale local restaurant kasavista- best seafood soup I have ever had) worth the trip and the following day try the place a little further down (with white awning) next restaurant down we heard that was even better - enjoy

2  Thank rpost334

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife and I rented a car in San Juan and just randomly drove to the eastern part of the island. We happened upon El Racar and decided to give it a try. I had the mofongo and my wife had seafood. The food was tasty and well prepared. During our stay, we were the only people speaking English. The open air seating added to the ambiance.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

the best red snapper and octopus salad, really fun local ambience, and they had bug spray for us to use for free (thank goodness)

Reviewed April 25, 2013

If you stay at El Conquistador, make sure you visit this restaurant. It is close--less than a 10 minute walk from the marina area of the hotel. It's a simple, open-air restaurant but the food is well prepared and fresh.

I went with a group of 7--adults and children--and the bill was $100 for all of us--and the adults had drinks. I ordered the shrimp mofongo--a huge portion of mofongo with delicious, fresh shrimp, cooked perfectly. And a side salad! My sons has ribs and chicken and both were good. The sangria is worth trying. The fried plantains served as a side were also a treat. Service is good. The cook prepares generous portions. We got so much food, we didn't have room for dessert. Even though the restaurant ambiance is simple, I gave it a five because the food is so good.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

It is just a little hole-in-the wall, but it's good. Don't be afraid to go there and eat. Birds want to be fed and will swoop in close.