“Great food and atmosphere”

El Racar Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 104 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife and I rented a car in San Juan and just randomly drove to the eastern part of the island. We happened upon El Racar and decided to give it a try. I had the mofongo and my wife had seafood. The food was tasty and well prepared. During our stay, we were the only people speaking English. The open air seating added to the ambiance.

There are newer reviews for El Racar Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed May 14, 2013

the best red snapper and octopus salad, really fun local ambience, and they had bug spray for us to use for free (thank goodness)

Reviewed April 25, 2013

If you stay at El Conquistador, make sure you visit this restaurant. It is close--less than a 10 minute walk from the marina area of the hotel. It's a simple, open-air restaurant but the food is well prepared and fresh.

I went with a group of 7--adults and children--and the bill was $100 for all of us--and the adults had drinks. I ordered the shrimp mofongo--a huge portion of mofongo with delicious, fresh shrimp, cooked perfectly. And a side salad! My sons has ribs and chicken and both were good. The sangria is worth trying. The fried plantains served as a side were also a treat. Service is good. The cook prepares generous portions. We got so much food, we didn't have room for dessert. Even though the restaurant ambiance is simple, I gave it a five because the food is so good.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

It is just a little hole-in-the wall, but it's good. Don't be afraid to go there and eat. Birds want to be fed and will swoop in close.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Ate lunch here with the family (including young kids). We walked from the El Conquistador, which is a half mile or so away. The food was really good. We got lunch fare, mofongo, tostones, etc. I would recommend for a change of pace away from the resort. The area looks a little rough, some closed businesses and such. May be worth driving at night.