“Great Family Spot”
Review of The Fajardo Inn

The Fajardo Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Fajardo
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Great Family Spot. The on sight food is good, the pool is awesome for kids... AWESOME. Rooms are good. If the kids are younger than 13 they will have a blast in the pool. Very unique pool, so many activities,.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Fajardo Inn

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We arrived at The Inn about 2am, after our plane landed in San Juan. The drive in the middle of the night took us about 40 mins, the Inn is a bit hard to find, but is totally worth it! Very pretty surroundings and very nice staff!

Room Tip: We had the family room with 3 queens beds, very spacious!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed here only one night because taking ferry to Vieques next morning. Rooms quite large; pretty clean. Older hotel. Elevator very small. BUT, they charge for ice!! First hotel we've used that actually charges for a small bucket of ice. Had a heck of a time finding, until finally realized all the little hotel signs with arrows referred to Fajardo Inn. Wanted to do the bio bay tour, but it poured the evening we arrived. Mexican restaurant quite good.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Although it was quite the task getting to this hotel (Google Maps is not ready for Puerto Rico!), the Fajardo Inn was a wonderful stay. The room was clean and the maids did a wonderful job making up the room. The concierge was extremely friendly and helpful.

Although maps made it difficult to find the Fajardo Inn, it's location is very nice if you are looking for day trips to the islands or BioBay.

I didn't get a chance to utilize the pools or other amenities, but they looked wonderful.

Some of the negatives, albeit ones which I generally live without, include some noise with the pipes from neighboring rooms and lousy, unauthentic food choices.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Me and my mom stayed here 7 nights. My mom lives in Sochi area (winter Olympics 2014) Russia it's area where most Russian people go on vacation. I took her here so she could compare :)

I honestly was kinda nervous going to Fajardo Inn after reading reviews here on tripadvisor. So i would like to share my honest opinion about this place...

- LOCATION:

I think it's all depends on purpose of staying here. I picked this place because i needed nice place to stay over night not too far away from most of all interesting things Puerto Rico offers.
I rent the car to drive around the island. If you are not planning to do so and don't want to spend tons of money on taxi this place is not for you!
Beach is not that close to walk too! Luqillo Beach (we liked) is about 15-20 min away driving time, Seven Seas Beach (didn't like too much) is about 6 min drive. So you can't walk there. I mean you could but i wouln't! Bio Bay of Fajardo (there is an other one on Veques Island) is located right next to Seven Seas, so is pretty close to resort as well.
Ferry to Culebra (THE BEST beach i ever been - Flamingo Beach) or Vieques Islands is like 5min to drive to. Even if they say you could walk there - i woudn't... because you go pretty far away by water, spend at least a day on Island and you will not want to walk back after all of that trust me. I personally gave a ride some strange people with big bags walking from ferry to Fajardo Inn because they didn't look happy.
Rainforest is about 30 min away. Roads not that great in Puero Rico, locals drives aggressive. Blinker light!?- What blinker light? Nobody seems to use them.
We drove to San Juan couple of times - between an hour and hour an a half depends on traffic.
We drove to Ponce and Arecibo to see coffee plants, caves and the largest radiotelescope on the Earth. Takes about four hours to Ponce and other 4 hours to Arecibo. Road to Arecibo is pretty crazy dangerous: 2,000 feet up, as wide as your car (two lane road by the way) with sharp 180 degree turns.

- SERVICE

We stayed 7 nights here so a think i met all personal working in this resort. ALL OF THEM are very nice, friendly and helpful. As long as you are the same to them i guess.
They gave me detailed description of everything i asked for as well as their personal advises.
Girls behind front desk are very smiley and cute their management should know about it! Good job and thank you laddies!
They booked Bio bay trip for me, gave me directions to most places. And it helped because my GPS lost signal quiet a few times in the mountains.

-AMENITIES

We liked their pools a lot! It's not too deep (my 63 years old mom liked that part), it's closes at 8 or 9pm. The bigger one looks very pretty and have one slide - nice place for kids i think. Even me 27 years old man had fun on it! :)
The smaller one have a nice lighting as it gets dark.
Mini Golf is also nice its right next to bigger pool and its only extra $2.
They also have nice cage full of birds next to that big pool which is kinda cool.
There is a Wi-Fi, but it wont reach even to the end of the main building. So you can use it in lobby only. While you do that there is a bird making all kind of cool noises, makes you feel in jungle... and it also mews like a cat =)
There are two restaurants and a bar on the property. We went to one of them in the first night. The atmosphere is very nice with beautiful decorations. But service and food.... well im not a big complainer... but we ordered something, our server said they out of it. it's fine, not a biggy, we ordered something else they out of it too... okey... i asked about something else and the guy said: we dont have it! =) i said, okey you tell me what you have and give me your suggestion. Off course he pointed me on the most expensive thing on the menu! and all he said is: thats good. =) I ordered some kind of soup, some kind of shrimp appetizer and a glass of wine. 47 minutes later i got it all in the same time! while i was waiting two other couples next to me were served and got their bill, and both these tables were seated after me. about $25 latter my server got $2 tip, sorry buddy i couldn't give you more since you didn't take your time talking to me either!
i'm not a big complainer, i just never went back there and eight in town after that.
The resort offers very nice views! VERY nice views! We loved it! would be nice to get them from our room on second floor, but i guess you can get anything for extra money.
There are beautiful art work in the hallway. Very tall ceilings and very tall doors make you feel like you are staying in castle.
Not very good door keys. during my week stay i had about dozen of them reprogrammed. they told me it's very sensitive to cellphones, gps, credit cards, car keys, other room keys - basically anything! =) so get an extra set right away.
And yes floor in the room is kind of slippery. Even thou It didn't bother me at all, my mom was walking like a PENGUIN at whole the time in the room. she tried three different shoes but it didn't help. Again i didn't mind it at all.
The only one thing i didn't like: there is NO MICROWAVE and no coffee in the room. I asked about it very first day and lady told me i could upgrade my room to one with microwave for additional $10 a day ($60 total) or to one with microwave and refrigerator for extra $60 a day ($360 total)... come on people! even cheap motels in US will give you a microwave without any extra charge. and i stayed 7nights! 60 buks to use a microwave for 7 days... kinda cocky, i went to walmart, (which is not far away, in fajardo by the way) and bought brand new microwave for the same money, used it during my vacation and gave away to stranger on the street for free: from Russia with love! =)

Overall great time! would recommend it to friend and not only friend!
once again i would recommend to tourist who is NOT looking for lay-on-the-beach vacation type, and who would have a car!
If you stay longer then one night i would consider spending little more on microwave-refrigerator-coffee VIP amenities =) or would choose a place who will include it without extra charge!

Room Tip: quiet on the second floor, but few stairs... no wi-fi, unless you stay in tent in lobby =)
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Ivan G
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Never been to Puerto Rico? Neither had I until my honeymoon Aug 26-Sept 2 2013. Hotel was nice. Super nice staff. If you want relaxing this is it. No night life after 11pm. Rooms were a little damp due to the climate. Food was good. Lots of animal life which was nice to see. You will need a car to get around. There really isn't shopping or attractions close. Don't use taxi service you'll pay more then if you just rented a car. Take a ferry ride to Vieques island. You won't be disappointed !!! It was what I thought Puerto Rico should have been for atmosphere and beaches. It cost us $8.00 round trip.

Room Tip: A lot of walking up and down hills. If you can't physically do a lot of walking ask for a room c...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This place really does have everything. Two restaurants with a bar in the downstairs one; an amazing swimming pool; a fitness center with every conceivable Cybex machine; a putt-putt golf course; a kids' playground; two extra swimming pools; and outstanding landscaping. Do be sure to make it clear if you have any disabilities regarding steps and slopes - the place is built into the side of a steep slope. It is wheelchair accessible if you have an attendant; if you haven't had that knee replacement yet, it's going to be difficult getting around.
Very reasonably priced for what you get.
An excellent alternative to San Juan, and a great intermediate stop when you are on your way
to Vieques, Culebra, a cruise, or the rest of the island.

Room Tip: If you have concerns with stairs, be sure to let them know when choosing a room. It's a big com...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fajardo
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico
Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Melia Coco Beach
Melia Coco Beach
#4 of 4 in Rio Grande

Been to The Fajardo Inn? Share your experiences!