“Fun!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Fajardo
Kansas City, Missouri
“Fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel is not within walking distance of anything. However, the pool is really nice. There is a Mexican restaurant called the Blue Iguana inside the hotel. It has pool tables and a bar. The hotel also has a "Member's Only" gym. This is where you can go to get pool towels. You will be issued a card at reception that you exchange for your towels.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Hi all! Just got back to Kansas City from our week's stay at the Fajardo Inn...It was the best vacation to date! The hotel is clean and the staff was very nice. Our 1st. evening we had dinner at the Inn's Starfish Seafood Restaurant and the food was good. We met Jessica and Corsino, our servers, who were so helpful friendly with directions and general information. What a stark contrast to our horrible experience with the Dominicans at the Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa last year (read my review). The Puerto Rican people are warm and very giving. One family at the 7 Seas Beach shared their bbq ribs and plantain with us just because I commented how good it smelled! Anything we needed, the hotel staff was there immediately. The grounds were full of exotic fruit trees and flowers, some of which I'd not seen since leaving Vietnam in 1970! The only thing that I didn't like were the pillows. The gym was clean with good equipment and the men didn't try to pick up my wife like those Dominicans! We ate lots of fresh seafood offsite most of the time, look for my reviews of those Fajardo eateries and the "Dragon Fly" in Old San Juan, and of our visit to El Junque Forrest. Over all, the kindness and warmth of the Puerto Rican people is something my family will never forget! Be careful driving though...A GPS was absolutely a life saver! Traffic's absolutely nuts! Especially in San Juan...Never did see and accident though! The cuisine was 200% better than that all inclusive in Dominica and still came out ahead money wise. Don't waste your hard earned money in Dominica, come to Puerto Rico and be treated with kindness and respect!

Room Tip: Get the bigger rooms with the microwave and little fridge...Any problems with noise or anything just...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

That's about it. Beautiful view and surroundings. Our room was basically a giant shell with a bed. No ceiling fan. Loud obnoxious children outside till very late at night. Really uncomfortable bed. Possibly bugs in it considering I woke up every morning with a new bug bit. The pool right by our room had animal turds around it, but we used that one instead o the fancy one wayyyy down the hill because it was impossible to get a drink down there. It was still difficult upstairs. The woman behind the counter wasn't even an actual bartender. She looked so lost when we ordered margaritas. However the food we had in both the bar and the nicer restaurant was great. I had cassava with mojo and fried fish escabeche. So good.
2 things that really bothered me- we got lost trying to find the place because it doesn't pop up on google maps, so I called and spoke to two different women neither of which could give me any directions. And second is the have this bird in a cage by the office who is so sweet and beautiful and he's just in this tiny cage 24 hours a day with no stimulation what so ever and barely a proper sleeping arrangement. It made me sad.
2 things that were great- the location. Really close to anything you would want to do in Fajardo. And second the view. You can see how beautiful Puerto Rico is from atop the hill this hotel sits on.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Turdburg
Wenatchee, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

We just spent about a week there and I was very impressed with this hotel. Spacious, comfortable room, beautifully landscaped grounds and most notable were the very friendly and helpful staff! Our room was nicely furnished and we were impressed by the hotel throughout. There is a nice business center, several outdoor pools, laundry room and a nice gym. We thought the hotel was an excellent value and would definitely stay there again. Linda

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda C
Neptune, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had a family suite, it was beautiful and spacious but the tv wasn't modern, had no dvd/vcr, WI-FI (only in the lobby) and didn't provide a family amount of towels. I don't think guest should have to pay for ice, the pool area though pretty for pictures wasn't maintained, the bar in the pool never opened during our stay. We had to order and wait for Drinks from the restaurant two mountain flights up. The jets in the hot tub either were not turned on even after the request or they just didn't work. We had to wait for 1/2 hr for balls to play golf. Their reasoning "not enough guest for these services" I have to give them credit for the quick response to replacing the AC unit when it started smelling like fire. I made the best of it but next time I'll follow my first mind and stick to the old "Palmas del Mar"

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Freehold, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

My family booked two family rooms at this hotel because of all the beautiful photos showed in the advertisement. Well that was the only good thing about the hotel beautiful back ground shots.
We stayed 5/9-5/15 the bed sucked big time. The pool was not maintained, their excuse was that this is not there busy season, lol. The hot tub was regular water same as pool none of the jets worked so we asked and they said they would turn them on however only one or maybe two worked. The had a beautiful bar set up at the pool but never opened the whole time we were there. We ordered drinks to be brought down to pool area, took them longer than an hour to get the drinks to us. The cleaning service was not on point. If I rent a family room that means I need more than one towel had to constantly ask. They don't provide coffee and if you use the coffee pot to make your own it didn't get cleaned. You have to pay for ice. They won't empty the ice bucket or clean it. Safe kept getting jammed. You have to push the door shut behind you other wise door was open for anyone to walk in.

Room Tip: Save your money book some where else
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Esther M
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was the first hotel my girlfriend and I stayed at while in Puerto Rico. The room was spacious, had a decent bed, tiled floors and a nice A/C system. We ate at the two restaurants attached to the hotel, Starfish Restaurant & Blue Iguana. Both had great service and food. The front desk staff were extremely helpful and polite. Made our stay even more enjoyable. The main pool was amazing. It's huge and was a nice temperature to be able to jump right in. There was only one issue we dealt with, but it was handled immediately without question. After coming back from our outdoor activities on our 2nd night, we noticed there was a very big puddle on the floor behind the bed and around the dresser on the left. There was a heavy storm that passed through a couple of hours before that caused the leakage. I'm still not sure where it came from. Anyway, I let the front desk know, and they moved us to another room immediately. I was thoroughly satisfied with my stay at Fajardo Inn and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Percy N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fajardo
Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn
Bravo Beach Hotel
Bravo Beach Hotel
#2 of 6 in Isla de Vieques
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort
El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to The Fajardo Inn? Share your experiences!