The Fajardo Inn
Suenos del Mar(Fajardo)(Great Value!)
$140
$227
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
$240
$250
Orbitz.com
Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn(Luquillo)(Great Value!)
$120
Ocean Pearl(Luquillo)
$115
$188
  • Pool
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
$167
Hotels.com
1,010 results
All reviewsblue iguanathe mexican restaurantmini golf coursestar fishel yunquepuerto ricobio bayfajardo areahoneymoon suiteswim up barfruit treesluquillo beachlarge poolmain buildingculebra islandrental carthe room was nice
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Let me just say this was our second stay at this hotel. Hotel room was ok, pool was awesome, Management is poor. Long Story short, a hotel employee in a hotel truck drove down the ramp the wrong way backwards very fast and smashed into my wife in our rental car. Police determined it was absolutely his fault and we have the police report indicating this. Practically had to beg for an apology from Management. Ruined a day of our vacation as we spent the day getting another rental car. This was August of 2012. We are still getting the run around for the $900 I paid for fixing the rental car. We have been trying to patient but it looks like LAWYER time. THE MANAGEMENT/OWNER DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR GUESTS. You lost out on a lot more than $900 in future stays from us and friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank RichardH794
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Well, at first I would have given this place a decent review. If you are going to the bio bay or Culebra its close to both. The grounds aren't bad but not the cleanest. Unfortunately for us, we didn't know there were 2 pools and we went to the smaller one which we felt was dirty. They have lizards walking all over and one even pooped by the pool. Perhaps that is something they cannot control. We arrived at 3:15 and we had to wait until 4 because that is when check-in is. Many hotels say 3 or 4 but most of the time they are ready to let you in earlier. NOW HERE IS WHERE IS TURNS. We checked out early on Friday morning, and went back to San Juan. My husband realized Saturday night that he left his wallet in the safe. So we called, indicated the problem, asked them to check and we got a response of "there is no one here to do that at the moment, the woman in charge of finding items or opening the safe is not here until 9 tomorrow". My husband is an officer and had is badge in there. They seemed to not have a care in the world. So we called on Sunday morning, earlier than 9 and told them we are on our way. When we get there at 9, my husband asked if he could just knock on the door to ask the people inside if they found anything and they said NO you cannot do that. He said she was very nasty. She told him that we didn't ask to use the safe and we were supposed to. Really? You offer that and we have to ask to use it????? We traveled back from San Juan and she told my husband he had to wait until 11. Meanwhile, they told him 9 at first. He said as he was waiting in the office, the lady at the front desk asked him to wait outside. Also, we had to go to the airport, so understand our rush. During that time he decided to find a way to the room and knock on the door anyway. The people inside the room were there and they didn't use the safe. They heard his story and were very understanding. They let him in and bang he got his wallet!! It took all of 2 minutes!!! And they were going to make us wait 2 hours for a 2 minute check!!! After that we just left and didn't notify anyone one of anything. Hmmm, I guess losing your wallet with all your info inside is not a big deal to the fajardo inn. Do you know that we NEVER got a call back from them. Not one person was concerned or cared. That is not customer service and not how you treat previous, current, or future guests. So they have no clue as to whether we got it or not. I would love to read the response back that they are going to write to defend this. Any respectable place would have found a way to find out for us if it was there, but no we had to do it ourselves.

Room Tip: Don't forget anything, they won't help you!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
FIPR, General Manager at The Fajardo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank your for letting us know about your recent stay at our property. I immediately contacted our Housekeeping Department to discuss your case. Unfortunately the day that you check out the room was prepared but the safe was never re-open as your informing us. It was an error that should have never occur and for that I sincerely apologize to you. We have taken action for this type of situation not to happen again.

I just would like to point out to you that when your husband arrive at the hotel, our housekeeping supervisors were arriving too and they were aware of his case. Frances, the Supervisor in the first floor went immediately to verify the room and realized that the other guests have already check out from the room and explained that to your husband. She informed him that she will go get the equipment to open the safe for him to which he responded that he knows the code and could open it. She authorized it and once open requested him to show the ID's to certified the belongings were his. He was so happy and he thank our Supervisor for the help, he even gave her a hug and a kiss for helping him. Taking that into consideration we had in fact no need to contact you since we were the ones that assisted him.

I clearly understand your frustration that could have been avoided if our employee would have notify about the safe being closed, and this will have avoided all the confusion; but I didn't want you to think we didn't help your husband in a proper way. We do care about our customer service, once again I apologized for all this situation.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Where to start....first the positive. The room was clean and quiet, bed was comfortable, Nancy at the front desk was nice and helpful. I didn't go to the big pool/water area, but I understand it was really nice. The pool we went to was simple and quiet. Perfect for us. When we arrived, however, we realized that check-in, which is normally at 2:00 at most hotels, was actually at 4:00. So we went ahead and did the check in paperwork and then wandered around for 2 hours. We had a tour appointment at 5:30, so we went back to the hotel to unpack and change for that at 4:20. After searching for almost 5 minutes to figure out which room we were supposed to be in, they realized the room was still not ready. So they gave us another room. We got to the room and there were no towels or soap. The internet was only accessible from the lobby area. There was no coffee pot, no minifridge or microwave. No continental breakfast. We found out on the way out from another guest that there was supposed to be a coffee maker, but you have to buy little coffee packets. So we stopped by the desk to ask for a coffee maker to be dropped off along with the towels. When we arrived back to the room around 9:30pm or 10:00pm there was still no coffee pot, but we did get the towels. We called two more times that night to get the coffee pot. We finally got it. We only needed this hotel for one night before heading over to Rincon for the rest of the vacation, so it was booked sort of at the last minute. So I admit we did not pay attention to all the details. But this was the most expensive hotel of the 4 hotels we stayed at during this vacation, yet it had the least to offer in the room. Even the TV cabinet had to be propped open when we watched TV. The Inn is a sprawling complex on a hillside, so it's kind of a maze getting around.

Room Tip: They all looked similar inside from a glance while walking down the hall.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beverly L
FIPR, General Manager at The Fajardo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

First of all, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I would like to apologized for the delay in our housekeeping service and for any inconvenience this may have cause you. I have informed the Manager of the department to take the necessary actions to correct and avoid situations like this from occurring again. We take this kind of feedback very seriously and we really thank you for letting us know.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had to get a last-minute hotel room Easter weekend because of conflict with my fellow travelers. I was pretty upset and Marisol at the front desk was super sympathetic and understanding. At first, she said they didn't have an extra room, but then someone gave her some info about a room being cleaned that would be available. She set me up with the room right away and gave me a 20% discount for my 3-night stay for a suite.

The service at the front desk was always good. And someone was always available, 24/7.

The hotel seemed to have a ton of amenities: several huge, beautiful pools linked together, a business room (for internet access and work stuff), some coin-operated washers and dryers which came in really handy after my trips to the bio bay and the rainforest, a mini-golf course (this cost extra, but a nice feature to have available), a fitness center, a store or two for traveling necessities and souvenirs, I think maybe a hot tub, too. I actually didn't need anything besides the washer and dryer, though, since I was super busy exploring the area everyday.

There was also a good deal of parking. Felt totally secure parking my rental car here.

The room: large suite, plenty of A/C, tile floors throughout (didn't realize how good this was until I stayed in a crappy hotel in San Juan with damp carpeting :/ ), a decent-sized fridge/freezer, microwave, dishes, kitchen sink and counters, table with chairs. The bathroom was beautiful, clean, and with plenty of toiletries and towels. Great water pressure, too! Toilet worked like a champ (sometimes a problem in PR, I found). Big closet, in-room safe, armoire with a tv inside, king-size bed (in my suite at least).

This place was fantastic - loved the service, the cost, the cleanliness, and the room.

Fajardo Inn is somewhat further away from attractions, but with a rental car or a well-planned excursion through tour groups (check with the front desk/concierge), you're within driving distance from El Yunque (20 mins unless you get lost like I did), Las Croabas (bio bay and beach - 15 mins), Luquillo kiosks (lots of great food stands and restaurants along a beautiful beach - 15 mins), and the ferry for Culebra and Vieques. And close to Ceiba's airport to catch a charter flight to those islands (totally worth the 88 bucks roundtrip to avoid the hassle of the ferry).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 926SabrinaS

Hello, we wanted to thank you for your recent review. And we want you to know that we take pride in what we do and work very hard to keep up our property. We hope to be able to have you again with us in the future.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Fajardo is not a pretty place, but chances are you are there to visit Culebra or Vieques. The Fajardo Inn is conveniently located about a 5mins drive or 15mins walk from the ferry to these islands. Other than that, it is a bit off, so there are few e.g. restaurant or basic shopping options nearby (at least I disn't see any)

The hotel itself is pretty big. I agree with previous posters that it seems strangely deserted even though it really wasn't when I was there - I saw at least 30 cars parked outside, but few people nevertheless. That being said, it is well-maintained, rooms are spacious even though furniture is a bit dated (who cares, though). Staff was friendly and helpful, check-in efficient. WiFi worked so-so, but that seems the case almost everywhere in PR.

The hotel has two pools and two restaurants, I was in the Mexican one, which frankly I found only OK even though it gets consistently great reviews. I think there's also a gym. There's plenty of parking and it's free.

I would stay here again and found it a good place for a night or two after visiting El Yunque and before Culebra/Vieques.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. If you come back to Fajardo, we hope to be able to have you again as our guest.