The lower pool is beautiful. The upper pool, smaller and rectangular, is convenient.
We stayed here as a very mixed group. Engaged couple, her parents who had never been to PR before, and me, who has been here often staying with family in their homes. (My son, half Puerto Rican, had also been here often, but never in a hotel!)
There are few amenities save for the view. Not really any criollo food--mostly American food, with a few adaptations. No coffee, but there is a coffee maker in the room. You can buy a paper cup of coffee for $1 from a machine in the gym building, but it is not representative of the extraordinary coffee this island has.
As a person with MS, I walk slowly and with a cane. This Inn is built on hills, and if you have walking issues, this may present difficulties. What else presents a bit of a problem is the room floor tiles that can be slippery. For me, this is difficult, although clearly for no one else in our party.
But you can park all over the property. Blue Iguana is a nice bar; Star Fish has good menu and takes some stabs at quite good Puerto Rican cooking. Breakfast is totally American, and the oatmeal is smooth and PR style...sweet.
Plenty of English-speaking TV channels on outdated TV sets, but are you really there for TV? That said, the BBC America comes loud and clear!
It is true that Fajardo is not the most touristy part of Puerto Rico. But if you drive, you can go shopping at any of the places along Route 3; if you like sleepy fishing villages, go down to Las Croabas, and there are the ferries to Vieques and Culebra that launch from here and are not too far away. The luquillo kiosks (lots of street food) and the beach there, and of course, the magnificent rainforest, El Yunque, are within 20 minutes driving.
Come here to relax, not sightsee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fajardo Inn offers clean and comfortable accommodations for business travelers, vacationers, and events, such as conferences, retreats and weddings. Also offered is a unique on-line honeymoon registry. Relax beside one of our pools, one with water bar, spa, beach, waterfall and slide. Dine at our Blue Iguana Mexican restaurant, or the elegant Star Fish Restaurant. Try our mini-putt, or one of many excursions, such as hiking El Yunque Rain Forest, kayaking, snorkeling or diving. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Fajardo Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fajardo Hotel Fajardo
- Fajardo Puerto Rico
- Fajardo Hotel Puerto Rico
- Fajardo Inn Puerto Rico
- The Fajardo Inn Puerto Rico