Fajardo Inn's most valuable asset is its views. the second floor room we got had a step-out balcony with an unbelievable, sweeping vista. There is a patio deck (decorated with every shade of bright, Caribbean colors) that overlooks the pool and lends a panoramic view of mountains and sea. Breathtaking, really.
The room itself was pretty simple and spacious. The staff was super helpful. They showed us the ropes, arranged transportation, and told us about the best authentic Puerto Rican restaurants in the area.
We went to Fajardo Inn because we had arranged a hiking tour in the closeby El Yunque rainforest (the waterfall was super fun) and wanted to stay in fajardo where we'd catch the ferry to culebra the next day.
I've visited 10+ (and counting) caribbean islands and Culebra is one of the more interesting ones that I've ventured to. It boasts the 2nd most beautiful beach and is superbly underdeveloped. There are only a handful of hotels in the area & a world away from everything. Go there if you truly want relaxation time! We stayed at tamarindo estates, stayed near the ferry one noght, camped on the beach one night (it is about $40 to camp with park fee, tent and air mattress), and also stayed at the Beach Villas (the only waterfront hotel). We moved around a lot!
To sum, fajardo inn is a really good choice. You really can't beat the price for the view. It's a fantastic choice if you want to wind down and avoid the rest touristy areas (Old San Juan is about 45 mins. away by car & an $80 taxi fare). The place is tucked away, and unless you rent a car, taxis are the only way to go. Convenient if you plan on going to Culebra, Vieques or the Virgin Islands.
Check out my photos of Fajardo inn if you'd like! I hope this helps!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fajardo Inn offers clean and comfortable accommodations for business travelers, vacationers, and events, such as conferences, retreats and weddings. Also offered is a unique on-line honeymoon registry. Relax beside one of our pools, one with water bar, spa, beach, waterfall and slide. Dine at our Blue Iguana Mexican restaurant, or the elegant Star Fish Restaurant. Try our mini-putt, or one of many excursions, such as hiking El Yunque Rain Forest, kayaking, snorkeling or diving. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your The Fajardo Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fajardo Hotel Fajardo
- Fajardo Puerto Rico
- Fajardo Hotel Puerto Rico
- Fajardo Inn Puerto Rico
- The Fajardo Inn Puerto Rico