“stomache and long wait”

Calizo Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 117 Restaurants in Fajardo
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Decor is very similar to Old San Juan in Puerto Rico, where brightly colored road brick Victorian tables, wooden decorations and a beachy touch to outdoor spaces, and also with air conditioned VIP lounge for everyone. Es con una decoracion muy parecida al viejo san juan en puerto rico, en su carreteras con ladrillos colores brillantes mesas victorianas , decoraciones en madera y un toque playero con espacios al aire libre, y tambien con salon VIP con aire acondicionado para todos los gustos.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I will start with the important part first - 20 minutes after dining here, both my partner and myself had stomache. We had nothing else for a good 7 hours other than water of course. I may have a weak stomach,but i had no issues for the past 2 days.

I arrived around 6pm and there were around 10 people in line (someone already pointed out this isnt a full service restaurant anymore). I ordered two dishes plus 2 pina colada. After a long wait (more than 30 mins), I went to check on my food and asked if we could get our drinks first. the owner said she will call my name when its ready.

Food was decent (taste wise). The house sauce (with Parmesian) was a bit too salty.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

I first stopped at this kiosk when they were reopening right after the hurricane hit Puerto Rico. Am I glad I did, the food here is second to none on the Island (almost everything I eat on the island is pretty good!!) the chef owned eatery is very clean with sincere and cheerful service. A smile and a warm greeting to start, with ice cold beer or other spirits before they custom prep your order. The portions are perfect and mouth watering. I’ve tried everything from apps, to lunch to the full Red Snapperr and Lobster mofongo entree’s.During the recovery efforts we had 30 plus staff members working and the word got out, not one complaint from anybody about the food and service. Since our work has ended their my wife and I visit the Island every Feb/March with other friends and make this a must stop every time.

Enjoy
Ray H.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 25, 2019 via mobile

Exceptional service and excellent food!
Manolo and Claudia are a delight; inviting, warm, and friendly. Calizo Kiosko was definitely worth the 30 minute drive I made from Rio Grande and will be visiting again during this trip.
The mofongo was 100% the best I’ve had in all my trips to Puerto Rico.
Absolutely worth it to experience some of the best food and atmosphere Puerto Rico has to offer.
Recommended to anyone who cares about eating food prepared and served by real people with a true passion for service and top-notch quality food.
10/10 would recommend and will visit again!

Date of visit: February 2019
Calizo, Gerente at Calizo Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2019

Customers like you make our day worth it, thanks for appreciating the smallest details, we hope you have an excellent stay in Puerto Rico

Reviewed February 16, 2019

This is no longer a full-service restaurant. Rather, it is a kiosk one door down from what seems to have been the former restaurant. You stand in line, pay for the food, and then when it's ready, they call you up to get it.
Food was okay. The Coctel de Mariscos had a strange taste, tasting like it was seafood in Italian dressing.

Reviewed February 10, 2019

Great, easy-going spot to grab a meal before or after going to the beach. We ate mixed seafood salad with tostones (fried plantains) and mixed seafood wrap, both of them were very good, also the pina colada.