“Excellent Dining”

Calizo Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 102 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Seafood, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Decor is very similar to Old San Juan in Puerto Rico, where brightly colored road brick Victorian tables, wooden decorations and a beachy touch to outdoor spaces, and also with air conditioned VIP lounge for everyone. Es con una decoracion muy parecida al viejo san juan en puerto rico, en su carreteras con ladrillos colores brillantes mesas victorianas , decoraciones en madera y un toque playero con espacios al aire libre, y tambien con salon VIP con aire acondicionado para todos los gustos.
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Excellent Dining”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Someone at our hotel recommended this restaurant. The fish was absolutely amazing! Jose, our server, was superb!

Kissimmee, Florida
“the best sea food restaurant in Fajardo,PR”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

wow i love sea food, this restaurant have what i was looking for, great service the food was amazing, i tried the lobster with shrimp and the best "salsa" i ever had before, Fajardo have a treasure with this restaurant, one of my best experience on my visit to Puerto Rico. im puertorican but i live in Kissimmee,Fl, i feel happy when i go back home and have a great experience, and also don't forgot the delicious pina colada. think of this outside siting, great and fresh seaq food, best pina colada and enjoy the night of Puerto rico listening to the coqui and close from the beach. can;t ask for more. thanks calizo restaurant see you next year.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Great food and great service!”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

My wife and I were driving by on our way to the Bioluminescent bay and wanted to stop in for a meal. We ended up having one of our best meals in Puerto Rico (including San Juan where we are staying). My wife have several food allergies and the staff were incredibly accomodating and interested in making sure we had a satisfying meal. My wife had the swordfish and I had the mufongo with skirt steak. The food was very very good, great flavor, cooked well and a nice portion. The staff was very attentive and it was just a really nice atmosphere. If it weren't so far from San Juan we would definitely return. Greatly recommended!

1 Thank Daniel R
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and drinks”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Had a great paella and lovely drinks . A 5 star Restaurant with a great chef Manolo .... I work in a 5 Diamond Resort and i only recommend my VIP guest to Calizo restaurant ...

1 Thank Lopez1977
Lansing
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

I tried all of the "high end restaurants" and many of the others (chops, sting ray, blossoms, ballyhoo, caribe, iguana's, las brisas, etc.) at el conquistador. Nothing was even close to the food at Calizo seafood. I had the mahi mahi with scallops while my fiancé had the paella and mafongo. We also had the seafood chowder. She wanted to know if the could ship any of it to michigan. I laughed at the idea but wished they could have.
The service was amazing. The server was fun, enthusiastic and attentive. I wish I'd have gone here every night.

Visited December 2013