Pros: Several restaurants there, you don't have to leave. Several pool locations. Had no problem getting spots at the pool. Palomino island beach is a nice beach option. Beautiful lobby and environment. A spa on the grounds.
Cons: It's a large resort that hasn't been maintained to it's peak and it's evident. Elevators, rug, etc worn/dirty, spa rooms are nice but the steam room, etc provides little and is worn too. Food is very expensive compared to it's quality. Cleaning of rooms is subpar. There was a stain on our couch and hair all over the shower walls when we checked in. We moved the next day due to being close to the service elevator and were woken up the next moring to laundry sounds. It took some follow up but staff were responsive and wanted you to feel comfortable (Pro).
It's not 4 or 5 star. But it's a fine place to relax, be by the pool. It would be a great addition if they served Puerto Rican food (they don't).
They charge $15 for wi-fi and it's not reliable by the pools. Works ok in the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning oceanfront resort perched atop a cliff, overlooking Caribbean Sea on one side & Atlantic Ocean on the other. Check out the dramatic views, the private island, relaxing spa golf course or the water park - it's all part of this Caribbean paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- El Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo