7,765 results
All reviewsprivate islandpalomino islandwater parkla marinapuerto ricomarina areachopssplash barferry ridehorseback ridingcable carrented a carwater shoeswalk in closetcafe caribeocean viewlas casitas
Reviewed September 20, 2017

My boyfriend and I visited El Conquistador just after Hurricane
Irma. I called prior to ensure that everything was working because we had no problem rescheduling our trip. The representative I spoke with said everything was working. When we arrived, the funicular was not working and the Marina bar was closed. Virgin Burger on the pool deck was also closed.
Our room was ready when we arrived so we checked in. I had stayed at this resort and returned hoping it was the same - sadly, it was not. The rooms are extremely outdated and the white chaise couches in the room are worn from years of use. They don't look white anymore. There were cracked tiles on the bathroom floor. We were kind of far from the main entrance and since the funicular wasn't working we asked to change rooms. There was no one at this hotel - there were maybe a handful of other guests we saw that first two days, but they told use the only other room they had was with two queen beds and he said he wouldn't recommend moving without explanation.
We left the resort for dinners and came back to the hotel bar for drinks after. Jaileen is AMAZING! They need to move her to Isla Palomino because she surely makes the BEST drinks at this resort. My boyfriend and I went back every night because of how great she was.
Isla Palomino is beautiful. The chairs are very dirty, but they provide towels so you will be OK.
The day before our departure our flight was scheduled for 6:50am, but we were rescheduled for 4pm. I immediately went to the front desk to ask them if they could provide us with late checkout. The man at the front said he could only give us 1 hour and if we wanted more time he would charge us $65. I explained to him that this was unexpected, but I did see prior to checking in that we had the option for late checkout and it was $31. He said with an attitude, "Well that is online." I then shared my experience with him and said I was disappointed with the service and that it wasn't my choice to move my flight. He budged and gave us an extra 30 mins - he didn't have to charge us, but he doubled the price because they will do anything for a dollar. I spent a lot of money to visit this resort and the service at the front desk (the people who are the face of the resort) were all extremely unfriendly. My boyfriend and I checked out at the scheduled time, but went back to the room to grab our bags. We ended up staying in the room because we had to repack one bag and no one came to clean the room, so in reality they didn't need us out of the room and they didn't need to charge us. Due to this poor service, I will NEVER return. Like I said Isla Palomino is beautiful, but not worth the crappy service from the front desk.

Room Tip: Save your money for a hotel with better service
7  Thank Nicole V
FelicianoL1, Manager at El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Thank you for sharing your review and your candid feedback. As you may know the resort is currently closed until after 12/31/17 due to the passing of Hurricane Maria. We will be sure to take your comments into review as we move closer to re-opening.

In the mean time, thank you for also highlighting the wonderful service you received from specific team members.

Reviewed September 20, 2017

Most disappointing vacation Hilton experience started at check-in when I informed I was a Hilton Honors member and asked could this stay be added to my HH account. He rudely snobbishly, dare I say callously, replied no because I had booked my reservation through a 3rd party. The answer was not a problem how it was delivered definitely was much attitude and body language. For Waldorf Astoria to be in the elite class of luxury with 4 and 5 star and diamond ratings I expected so much more than what I endured during vacation. husband and I were booked into Room 3127 traveling to our room noticed that the entire floor smelled musty, and just otherwise disgusting The floor was unkempt with bugs, stained carpet, peeling paint, poorly patched damages to the walls etc. I was shocked and extremely disappointed that this is where I had to vacation. The room did not smell fresh it also smelled of musk, mold and just overall unclean. The bathroom sink had a leak that leaked onto the floor creating a puddle, also visible mold under the sink. Each day numerous times a day I had to shower in approximately 2-3 inches of my own shower water because there was an obvious plumbing problem that would not let water go down the drain effectively. disgusting and again not at all an experience for Waldorf Astoria or Hilton. The towels that were in room at check in were stained, we were forced to air dry until we went to the Walmart to purchase towels. We had to do that because the replacement towels that were delivered to our room were also stained. couch had stains and the balcony furniture was tattered, dirty, and there was trash on balcony from previous occupants. spent well over $1000 on food beverage transportation etc. on the resort. Not one time during our stay including check in or check out, did any staff ask me how our stay was going or any other pleasant customer friendly inquiry pertaining to our experience, stay, accommodations. I will never return to the El Conquistador again and I will never recommend this or another Hilton property. My vacation was ruined and a complete let down. The accommodations were poor.

5  Thank 447angeliquej

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and your candid feedback. As you may know the resort is currently closed until after 12/31/17 due to the passing of Hurricane Maria. We will be sure to take your comments into review as we move closer to re-opening to further enhance our services and guest experiences.

Reviewed September 19, 2017

Disappointed with the room upkeep during my stay. The bathroom was leaking water from the ceiling. When calling the front desk it took awhile to arrive to the room which no one ever came at all. Disappointed

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
6  Thank barryr869

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and your candid feedback. We are sorry to see we did not exceed your expectations during your stay.

Reviewed September 19, 2017

Facilities and the location of the hotel are wonderful, most of the staff was very friendly and attentive though unfortunately some cared little in providing proper and meaningful service at a hotel of this quality

1  Thank jorgegW7742TR
FelicianoL1, Public Relations Manager at El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Thank you for your 4 star review. I am happy to see you enjoyed your overall stay and that our team members helped make your stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed September 19, 2017

Other than the outside bar where we were ignored the staff was very attentive. Considering Hurricane Irma had just passed thru, the grounds were well kept and beautiful. Please note that access to the beach is only by Ferry, which leaves every hour. Several shops and restaurants were closed due to hurricane damage but those that were open were nice. I wish there was an upscale Puertican restaurant on site.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Elaine F

Thank you for sharing your 4 star review. We appreciate your candid feedback and will be sure to keep this in mind when we re-open the resort after 12/31/17 due to the passing of Hurricane Maria.