7,767 results
All reviews private island palomino island water park la marina puerto rico marina area chops splash bar ferry ride horseback riding cable car rented a car water shoes walk in closet cafe caribe ocean view las casitas
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This is a very expensive place isolated from any shops, restaurants that are more affordable. The on-site restaurants are pricey and there are extra charges for everything including $3 each day for room cleaning. My room had ants and some jewelry was stolen from my room - be sure to use the in-room safe even if you don't usually. Response from security was "maybe you lost it", "you must not wear it very much", etc. Would not return to this place.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank eolusa
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We used a rental car to get to the hotel from San Juan airport. Traveling through PR is an adventure, driving is treacherous, its not like home.
The hotel is beautiful. The staff is wonderful. There are so many good places to eat in the hotel, very diverse cuisines. I reccomend the breakfast buffet at Las Brisas.
Please take advantage of the water ferry to Palamino Island.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This was an amazing hotel. We took a day and a half off to go to Vieques, and we totally wish we hadn't. This was an amazing place. We took our son, who was around 14 months old. He loved the parrots in the lobby, as well as the amazing swimming pools. The hotel had their own private island, and we took a ferry there. It was like a tropical paradise. We had a babysitter for our son, and my husband and I rented hobby cats (those little sail boats) and sailed from one tiny island to another. It was our best date ever! We felt like explorers. I laid on my stomach and watched the coral pass beneath us. Super fun! The only bad thing about it is that the food at the resort is VERY EXPENSIVE! We paid $15 dollars for a hot dog! We kept going off the resort to eat and buy food. We kept cereal and milk (in the little refrigerator) for breakfast. The food was very good, but even the cheapest restaurants were way too expensive- almost $20 a plate!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisatedj
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We wanted a resort that was away from the busy-ness of San Juan and this setting was perfect! The resort was beautiful and we loved the private island. We got to see many iguanas and bunnies in their natural setting. The resort is nicely located so that you are a short drive away from the National Forest and many gorgeous beaches. I would definately go there again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2009

My husband and I celebrated his 40th birthday here. Just driving up to the resport was breathtaking. The mountains, the lush landscaping, the beautiful flowers and the water. WOW! The lobby was absolutely gorgeous and every restaurant we ate in had the best service and the finest foods. My husband recently went to Hawaii and he said that Puerto Rico was more beautiful. Palamino Island was nice, but I have been to better beaches. It was very rough on our feet so pack your water shoes. I tried to buy a pair but they didn't have my size. I would give Palamino Island a B but everything else, an "A" including the Spa. Go see Claire for a wonderful massage.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple