We had a decent trip -- a beautiful location with a mediocre hotel -- but as others have noted: watch your bill. In our case at checkout the front desk added $750 to our bill (for breakfasts and transportation included in our package deal). After a monumental struggle, they removed these charges. We paid the bill ($2000+) and left. After we got home, the nice people at the hotel changed our bill to add charges back in! We've had to file a claim of fraudulent charges with our bank, and cancel our credit cards because they kept trying to charge us after we left. No vacation is worth that. Avoid this place, unless you don't care about getting ripped off!
Oh yeah, and there was CONSTANT construction the whole time we were there -- on Palomino Island, and at the hotel. Imagine trying to read your novel on the beach while listening to an electric saw and hammers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning oceanfront resort perched atop a cliff, overlooking Caribbean Sea on one side & Atlantic Ocean on the other. Check out the dramatic views, the private island, relaxing spa golf course or the water park - it's all part of this Caribbean paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TravelUp, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- El Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo